2007 Muskie photos

• Derek Hanson

Nice fish! What lake did you get that one on?

haner

Quote:

Nice fish! What lake did you get that one on?

Gotta be a metro lake.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I spent yesterday fishing up in Green Bay on the Fox river in Depere and Sturgen Bay.

Got a 36″ on a jointed shallow raider….she was nice and fat!!!!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

The bonus was this fat 42″ beauty. I have been trying for 2 years now to break the 40 inch mark and she did it….weighed close to 20 pounds as well

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Sounds like a good day Girl. Those are some fat fish. congrats on breaking the 40″ mark too. Time to move on to the 50″.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Congrats on the personal best Those are some healthy lookin fish and I can say they deffinately aren’t missing to many meals

bigfritzzz
    hudson

awesome fish! i watched an episode on keyes outdoors last year on that body of water. they had some action around those bridges as well. gotta love the fall trollin bite!

Bob Bowman
    MN

CONGRATS to your buddy Josh. That is a brute

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Congrats on the new mark Cheri! Welcome to the “Pursuing 50+ Club”!

jorgy
    rochester

47 in. on a black pacemaker mille lacs

Derek Hanson

Nice fish! Amazing that you got one to go on topwater out on the big pond. Nice job putting on something a little different than what everyone else is throwing out there.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Nice lookin fish

Derek Hanson

I can see skyscrapers in the background! hmmmmm…???

jorgy
    rochester

Hey mallard Here are pictures for the end of august trip to mille lacs. All but one were caught on a topwater. T Code:

The giant jackpots were on fire.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

3 topwater fish in 20 minutes last night. Nothin’ all that huge but talk about being in the right place at the right time!

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Quote:

Hey mallard Here are pictures for the end of august trip to mille lacs. All but one were caught on a topwater. T Code:

The giant jackpots were on fire.

What a trip!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Nice fish guys!

HOLY CRAP! Jeremy I figured you fished in sunglasses even at night.

I think Iknow the back ground with those snakes

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

Nice fish– I have yet to boat one topwater out there yet!!! Strange year for me.

I laugh at this page of fish, all held the same way. You guys must have the same boring photo album as me!

Derek Hanson

Wow, thats very impressive!! Good job!! I love catching muskies on topwater, but this year I’ve only caught one on topwater. If you caught that many fish on a jackpot, I bet you had a lot of blowups where the fish totally missed your lure as well. I get a lot of blowups on the jackpot, but I’ve only hooked 2 muskies in my life on that lure. Who was your guide on that trip??

jorgy
    rochester

No guide just looked at the lake map and started casting.
    The other boat that was with us caught 8 that weekend but not sure what they were all on. They got a 50 and a 49 3/4 the rest were all 40’s so yes 3 days 4 guys 14 muskie over 40 inches and i bet we had atleast 20 or more misses or follows. Than two weeks later struggled to get that 47. Thats muskie fishing

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

No guide just looked at the lake map and started casting.
    The other boat that was with us caught 8 that weekend but not sure what they were all on. They got a 50 and a 49 3/4 the rest were all 40’s so yes 3 days 4 guys 14 muskie over 40 inches and i bet we had atleast 20 or more misses or follows. Than two weeks later struggled to get that 47. Thats muskie fishing

Great job Jorgy. Those are some nice fish

bigfritzzz
    hudson

nice work jeremy, i was gonna ask if your camera quit workin! i took the night off and went sturgeon huntin, what a trip that is! boated 9, 45,47,48″ers biggest. wrong species but good times!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I got this one on Saturday morning in the metro…This isn’t a big fish my any means at 35″, but I am posting it for 2 reasons…One, it is a “slumpbuster” (i.e. 1st muskie in 2 years,argh), two, it is completely missing the top half of it’s tail fin. No idea why, but it looked like it had completely healed from whatever caused the injury.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Wow! I often wonder about the injuries we see. Like…….. how did that happen and…….. how did this fish escape………. whatever it was???

What’s cool about fish like this is that if they’re released and continue to prosper, you can readily identify them if you catch them again. How’d you like to revisit this fish when it’s gained another 10-15 inches? It’d make a great experience and a wonderful story to share with others!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

congrats on breaking the cold streak

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Monster my buddy caught on Tonka this weekend. Sorry – all we had was my cell phone for a pic.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

So your friends with Al Linder huh Slop? Beauty fish

haner

Quote:

Monster my buddy caught on Tonka this weekend. Sorry – all we had was my cell phone for a pic.

What time was that caught at? thanks

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.