North Metro Muskie League 2014

• sorgy

Here is the information on the North Metro Muskies Inc League this year.

North Metro Muskie League 2014
    New this year – We will have an East Metro Lake option and a West Metro Lake option. You can fish one or the other and get points- no fishing 2 lakes and getting extra points. This is an ON YOUR HONOR based league. A photo of any fish counted is preferred but not mandatory. Participants must report back within 48 hours after fishing an event.
    Scoring-
    3 points for showing up on a league date
    2 bonus points for a partner or 4 bonus points if the partner is; 1) a new member of the chapter 2) a Jr member 3) a member of the T.C. chapter during mini challenge. You may only count 1 partner each night and count onetime for the season the New Member or Jr for additional bonus points.
    4 points for a 30” Muskie 1 point for each inch over 30” scored to the nearest half inch.
    (i.e. 40.5” = 14.5 points).
    Fishing Times
    June / July 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM Tuesday’s Except June 19th
    August 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM Tuesday’s
    Schedule
    June
    3rd – St Croix River— Inland season closed yet
    10th – Bald Eagle –East Option Independence – West Option
    19th – (Thursday) ***Rush Lake- East Option Waconia – West option
    24th – Forest- East Option Minnetonka- West option
    *** North Metro Chapter picnic and tackle swap is Tuesday June 17th- All are welcome to attend.
    July
    8th White Bear and Bald Eagle – Chapter Mini Challunge with TC – Losers buy Pizza Afterwards!
    15th Open- water may be cool this year

August–
    5th White Bear- East option Waconia- West option
    12th Forest – East option Minnetonka- West option
    19th Rush- East option Sugar- West option
    26th Bald Eagle-East option White Bear- 2nd option
    26th Final League Night Celebration- Pizza Afterwards near White Bear Lake- Chapter buys!
    League Night Prizes:
    1st place Trophy Phantom Lure + a traveling trophy
    2nd- 3rd Trophy Phantom Lures
    4-10th “North Metro Muskie League” t-shirts
    The Awards will be held during the December 16th, 2014 Holiday Lure Exchange meeting versus the annual banquet in order to save time.
    New Participation Drawing!
    For each League Night a North Metro Member participates in, they will get one raffle ticket placed in the end of season drawing held at the December 16th Members meeting for a variety of prizes. If you fished 5 nights, you get 5 chances… i.e. 15 members fished 6 nights on average + 10 member’s fish 3 nights you would have 120 total tickets in the drawing.
    Prizes:
    Grand Prize “St Croix Tournament Legend 8 ½ft rod”
    2nd – 10th “Various Lures”
    Reporting:
    Reporting will by e-mail to [email protected] within 48 hours after the days event. Please include your name, who your partner was and if they are a new member, Jr member or a member of the T.C. chapter.
    All updates will be done on the North Metro Forum as well as the Muskiefirst’s organizations forum.
    If you are interested in putting your name on a list that we can distribute to other league members please send your contact info to the above e-mail. I will also have a sign-up sheet at the chapter meetings and the Minnesota Muskie Expo.

Steve Sorgenfrei
    NMMI League Chairperson

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Do you have to be a member of the North Metro Chapter? Or can you still participate if your a member of the T.C chapter?

sorgy

Joe,
    The league is open to the North Metro members. However you may fish any of the events as a partner of a member. Are you currently a Muskies Inc member? If so what chapter?

sorgy

The North Metro Muskies Inc chapter will be having a pooside demo on May 20th. I will be there and new members will be able to sign up to be eligible for the League.

Good Luck

Steve

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Yes, I am a Muskies Inc member. I am a member of the Twin Cities Chapter. I wouldn’t mind fishing with you guys. I tend to fish alone for the most part, and I think it’d be fun to get out and meet some people

sorgy

Joe,
    our guy’s usually have open seats that we ar going to try to fill. Don’t miss out on the July night where the North Metro Chapter goes against the T.C. Chapter and the loosing chapter buy’s pizza afterwards. We Fish Bald Eagle and White Bear that night. We meet at the pizza joint right on 61 afterwards.
    I will have my boat down for some of the league this year and have an open seat or two.

Good Luck

Steve

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hey Steve, I would like to fish one of these events with you. Been a long time since we fished the June Jam tourney together! Almost twenty years! Why don’t you PM me your cell #. I could bring my boat home from the lake as well if needed.
    Scott

sorgy

Thought I would update on In-depth Oudoors.
    Update after the Mini Challunge with the T.C. Chapter
    week 5

Great turnout for the league nights….
    Andy M 40
    Pat M 34
    John G 32.5
    Steve S 32
    Nick P 27
    Joe T 23
    Mike R 22.5

Good Luck

Steve

Please remember to report back to me within 2 days to get credit for your fishing. It allows me to keep current updates on the league.
    11 muskies have been caught on the league night so far with over 40 differernt fishermen out for at least 1 night. Some are members and some are members of othe Muskies Inc chapters and some are non-members. Thank You all for fishing and I hope everyone is enjoying the nights they get out and fish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.