Any Muskie reports on Big Spirit/West Okoboji?

• zep5.0
    Iowa, USA

Heading out to the Muskie tourney in the Iowa “Great Lakes” this weekend, looking for a good starting point. Anyone having any luck with the recent warm weather?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’d start out at one of the ramps and go from there. Maybe we will see you on the water sometime over the weekend or at tourney headquarters.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Haha good answer huntindave! My best advice is not to say you are fishing a tournament and then ask where the fish are… Not trying to be mean just pointing out the obvious. Good luck and fish hard!

shaley
    Milford IA

I’ll tell you after the tourney Pick a weedline and go theres many many many miles of it to cover…. Will see you guys Sat night I got all the goodies for the raffle…

zep5.0
    Iowa, USA

I guess that was a dumb detail to give away
    This is my first time Muskie fishing, and first time to Boji. I’m a walleye guy with a bit of a hankering for something bigger.

shaley
    Milford IA

IGL’s are not easy but hard work and patience can pay off, be ready and willing to fish hard and throw big baits IE magdawgs ripped hard or cowgirls all day….Glad to have some new faces at this years tourney.. Good Luck to all and dont forget to come to the evening festivities lots of goodies on the raffle….

flatlandfowler

Let us know the results. Came close to coming down for it for the first time, however, couldn’t get a solid answer from the fishing partner. Good Luck

shaley
    Milford IA

49,45,44 and 40 cayght. Lots of fish seen and many near caught fish and a couple lost ones…Condistions Sat were great and lots of fish moving, Sunday was tough with the cold front and howling winds but several boats had chances at fish but just couldnt connect….

flatlandfowler

Thanks Shaley Looks like a couple nice fish boated. Hopefully a good time had by all, maybe be able to make it down next year

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.