Eskimo propane?

• BLW500

Been using an old Model 30 for over a decade now and am thinking about getting a propane auger. The old man has a Pro4 and has had a few issues with it so I’m wondering what you guys/gals think of the Eskimo?

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I would suggest looking into electric. So many great options out there now. As for the Eskimo propane auger. A guy in our group never had an issue with his, aside from trying to start it again after being out on the ice in below 0 temps.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Never had any issues with my HC40. Give it a half pull to prime it and would start the next pull every time. Even after sitting all summer. If it was cold out I would keep it in my portable with me and when it was warmer I wouldn’t have the portable. It is a little heavy at 32 lb but with the extra weight you don’t have to push down when drilling.

tornadochaser

Love my HC40. had it out on Bitter Lake last winter, got snowed in for 3 days, never got above zero, auger sat outside the entire time, and when the wind died down on day 3 and we could finally hole hop, it fired on the 2nd pull. Have yet to have an issue with cold propane bottles.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

If you take a hard look the HC40 is Gen 1 Jiffy fuel delivery. That long hose without a solid mount will eventually need to be replaced. Go back and take a look at the Jiffy 46 extreme. The price has never been better and the current shows will give you an even better deal.

Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.