Eskimo fatfish 9416 Insulated or not?

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I am looking at getting one of these. The guide that takes me out once in a while has a similar one in the clam version and he insists I need the insulated one. His has an insulated roof, but not walls and I have never been cold in his. I am thinking he is kind of a candi-@ss and I don’t really need the insulated one. Any thoughts.

PS. he isn’t really a guide he just has a big hub house and drills lots of holes so people think he is jester

watisituya
    North Metro

Id go insulated over non, aside from it being warmer, the fabric is more durable and you also avoid condensation dripping on you.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

That guide/not guide dude you go with sounds wise….but does he actually look like this?

Attachments:
    1. 2913456.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Take this for what it’s worth but I have an uninsulated Evo 1 with same fabric. Big buddy needs to be on med, depending on wind anytime temp is below 10. I like to be in bibs and shirt combo when in shack.

Big shack like that, I’d want insulated. Roof insulation really goes a long way.

sticker

Let me add one more variable. I can get the non insulated right now for $320, the insulated in $520. Still go insulated?

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Let me add one more variable. I can get the non insulated right now for $320, the insulated in $520. Still go insulated?

If you are patient….and slow your roll moon , you can find some sort of brand double hub with at least a insulated top for $320

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Insulated. I fished out of an uninsulated flip over last weekend, and between running a sunflower continually and the rain shower I can’t say I missed non-insulated!

Dylan Salow

Won’t go without insulated. May be a bit more expensive at first but well worth it in the long run. For me it is night and day difference fishing out of one to another. If the budget permits I’d say no-brainer go insulated.

bdmac

Insulated.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Something that big, you might as well go all out.

sticker

Thanks for the input. It’s obviously unanimous, so I’ll be waiting for a deal on an insulated one. yay

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Better go insulated, otherwise the first time you go out in someone’s insulated house you’ll be regretting your decision and then have to fork out some more money to get an insulated one!

tomhubby12

I would definitely go the insulated route as I enjoy staying warm. If you don’t mind getting a little cold when it’s really cold out get the non insulated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.