Spare Tire

• Tom S
    Woodbury MN

I already have one around my waist and now I need one for the trailer I have a Shoreland’r and need a ST215/75R14 with a 5 hole rim. Neither Fleet Farm nor Sams Club carry this size. Any other ideas? Called a dealer and was quoted a price of $161. Any ideas?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Tom,
    I may need the same tire. How long is your boat?
    $161.00??!!
    I can buy a top of the line Michelin all season radial at that price!
    Gouge. What dealer did you call? I’m going to make sure to stay away from that one.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Steve O

I sent you a PM

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

Tom,
    Check your local “automotive recycling center” … aka “junk yard” …. I got a spare w/tire for 5 bucks! … yes, it was covered with mud but that washed off … its black, while those on my trailer are chrome … I keep saying that I”ll get a cover (about $15 at places like auto zone) … but I’ve not gotten round-to-it yet …. but I have a spare for cheap …. maybe also check tire dealers … sometimes they have some odds & ends laying around.
    barry

lure_rat
    Minneapolis, MN

Tom,
    You may want to try Hanco in Egan. I have bought a few trailer tires from them in the past, both odd size and standard, and they have good selection in stock. It always takes me forever to find the place so you may want to ask for directions when and if you call.

http://www.hancomn.com/

John

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Cabelas in Prairie DuChein has that spare. I bought one a couple of years ago for a Shorelander trailer. The rim was chrome and I think it was about 125.00.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Check out American Racing Equipment wheels. You can get either white spoke or chrome spoke wheels for about $40. You can get a buy a tire and have it put on at any tire shop. You should be able to get it out the door for under $80.

Gator Hunter

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Since my boat is still in storage I can’t check my tire size but I bought my last set at the Woodbury Goodyear tire store. I don’t remember the cost but it was not outrageous and I feel like I got the best quality trailer tires on the road.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys.

MrBig
    Plymouth, MN

You could also check Discount Tire. My Shorelander trailer had tires that we very hard to find, and they came up with a good option.

fireline
    Rochester

I got my spare tire and rim to match my shorelander at Bass Pro catolog .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.