Ice Rod Reviews/Suggestions?

• bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I have 2 Light action St. Croix Legend Ice rods and need to get a medium action for walleye fishing. I love my St. Croix rods, but I do not want to drop another $50 for a 24 inch rod. What do you suggest for a good medium action ice rod? Has anyone used the Clam True Blue rod/reel combo?

brandonj
    Blaine, MN/Malmo,MN

Ive never had a problem with my ugly ice sticks

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

frabil…. they have somegood med rod for a good $$$$$$$

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Have you ever considered making your own? I keep an eye out all the time for broken/damaged rods. Often, you can come up with better lengths and actions specific for want you want.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I really like the St. Croix 32″ medium action rod.

Most of the time I fish walleyes with either an 1/8 or 1/4 ounce spoon and 4lb Vanish.

I can show you countless pictures of fish we have caught using these rods.

I think you get a lot of value for $25.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I have all three St.Croix models. Legend,Avid,and Premier and all of them are great rods. My Ranger dealer has a bunch of them left over from last year. All different actions and lengths. Glenn

http://www.bedford-sales.com/

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I use some of Gander Mountains rods but they very from year to year, acouple years ago I got some realy nice rods, do not know about this year. Schells sports has some nice rods I picked up for like $14 last year and they will hold up to any $50 rod.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

check out austins custom rods. He will build you whatever you want at a lower price than the others.

ntw
    Eastern MT

I have a Austin walleye rod and I love it. It’s a quality piece and it has a great action to it.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

My vote the st. croix premier series!!! Otherwise jason mitchell rods are great too.

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

i second the austin rods

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

There’s lots of good rods. Even the St. Croix Premiere ice rods are good as well as the Ugly Stik Lite ice rods.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.