Alumacraft Navigator Rigging

• lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

I’m purchasing a New Alumacraft Navigator 175 Sport here very shortly. I would like find some rigging idea as to where to mount battery charger and rod holders. But any other things that I should now. Like running transducer wire, mounting graphs, etc (photos would be nice) Thanks for any tips
    Also there was a Black Alumacraft navigator on here with lots of photos, but I cant seem to find it.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Congrats on the new rig. I started a group called rate my rig, many have pics posted you might find some ideas there. Also maybe think about a track system on that boat, Berts, Traxtech or Cannon. They really make adding, moving and removing items such as graphs, rod holders and D.riggers. Basically the options are endless. very cleas and neat look. -Mark
    http://www.traxstech.com/store.htm

kroger3
    blaine mn

friend of mine that i fish with has the same boat with a 150 Yamaha and did the following. put charger in the passenger foot well opening, removed passenger counsel (for more room), removed drivers windshield and installed a bubble, 7″ HDS on bow, 10″ HDS on dash, 7″ HDS in back all networked and with the puck receiver, added 2-12 volt plugs to driver and passenger sides for spot light and accessory power, micro ram balls all around the boat for accessory attachments (ram spot light, camera, net leash, etc…) stereo added into dash with 2 speakers, sirus satellite radio, 2 rod holders on each side and 2 off the back, removed front livewell and had a in-floor rod locker made that extends into the middle of the boat with storage for 7 rods up to 10′ long, baitwell side of front livewell is an insulated cooler, bow mount trolling motor, all the rigging is easily run through the side panels. Only thing left to do is a kicker which is coming in a few weeks.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

thats some serious rigging.
    i got a 2010 165 Nav sport that was pretty much pre-rigged at the factory/dealer. biggest things for me were the double bubble consoles, vinyl flooring and max motor for that boat, a 90 hp.
    all i added was a humminbird to the front, 4 rod holders, storage nets, measuring board, net/tool holder and prop protector.
    hopefully, a kicker is in my future, too.

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

IlliniWalli
    How did you mount the rod holders?

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

just a basic setup – 2 holders within reach when the cockpit seats are facing the back, on the inside of the gunwale, flush with the top, not on the top.

those 2 are pointed out the sides. i have 2 others about 2 feet behind those 2 that always face the back.

makes a good spread whether i am trolling for wallys or anchored for catfish.

gotta drill 4 holes into the gunwale for each holder, of course.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I run that same rig. As previously stated, the passenger side foot well is a good place for the charger. I put 3 foot rails on the back for rod holders. Not sure you could put tracks on it with the narrow gunnels. I plan to put short rails on the front when I get around to it. I currently have one flush mount ram mount on each side in the front. I have my LSS-1 mounted up under the drivers console on the side wall. I have locator connections at the bow, console, and tiller location. Cables are run in the dead space on the sides from the console back, and fished through under the deck going to the bow. I put planer board racks on each side near the back to hold my boards. I only have one picture of the boat, and it isn’t a very good one. If you want pictures of anything specific, let me know and I will take some.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

friend of mine that i fish with has the same boat with a 150 Yamaha and did the following. put charger in the passenger foot well opening, removed passenger counsel (for more room), removed drivers windshield and installed a bubble, 7″ HDS on bow, 10″ HDS on dash, 7″ HDS in back all networked and with the puck receiver, added 2-12 volt plugs to driver and passenger sides for spot light and accessory power, micro ram balls all around the boat for accessory attachments (ram spot light, camera, net leash, etc…) stereo added into dash with 2 speakers, sirus satellite radio, 2 rod holders on each side and 2 off the back, removed front livewell and had a in-floor rod locker made that extends into the middle of the boat with storage for 7 rods up to 10′ long, baitwell side of front livewell is an insulated cooler, bow mount trolling motor, all the rigging is easily run through the side panels. Only thing left to do is a kicker which is coming in a few weeks.

Just curious, did your friend buy this boat new or used? Not looking to be critical, but it seems to be a lot of removal if it was new. Could he have found something more suitable at the time without doing all that?,,,,,,Must have been a heck of a deal, to do so,,,,,,,Yes? Just thinking out loud.

navigator175

nice boat. for rod holders i use the scotty ones with the flush mounts. gunnels are narrow but they will fit, nice and clean looking when not in use. i will get pics if you are interested, i made up a fixture that lines up the 4 mounting holes (drilled and tapped 1/4×20) and 1 1/4 dia hole saw. i don’t need the fixture any more- we could work some thing out. self taping screws will not work!
    i also mounted 3 of my tool racks for my needle nose and hook outs etc. battery charger is under passenger counsel,
    enjoy your rig, mine is perfect for what we do.not a tournament boat but a great all around family fun fishing boat.

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

Navigator175 If you can post picture of a top view and side view that would be great. Thats how I would like to mount them also. But alittle worried about drilling a 1 1/4 inch hole in the gunnel and if that would weaken it at all. Also anyone have a photo how they mounted there terrova on and if it hits when you are putting it on the trailer?Thanks for all the info given

navigator175

just got back from green bay 10 minutes ago posted these for you. i mounted 8 rod holders.i also mounted a piece of plexi glass in the middle that slides in and out.a big help on those cool mornings buzzing across the lake.plus my tool rack up front.pics of fixture i made to drill mounting holes.clamps right to gunnell.

hope these help you. or least give you some more ideas.

kroger3
    blaine mn

He did buy it new and i agree that there was alot of money wasted. It was not all done right away but like anything else you fine tune as you go.

champit
    Clinton, Iowa

kroger3, not to hijack this post but would your buddy sell his passenger console ? I just bought a 2010 Nav 175CS and would like to put one in. email is [email protected] Thanks, Jim

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I did the same mounting technique and it works very well. I was concerned about weakening the gunnels, but there is plenty of material remaining for strength.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I seem to be missing what the milled alumium block is for and how it attaches in the last two pictures.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

The block is a template for the flush mount rod holder
    bases. It has a large hole in the center and 4 mounting
    bolt holes bored into the template.

It attaches with the set screw on the right side in the
    picture.

Very nice engineering!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.