Problem with H2Oc – reading at slow speeds.

• perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

my H2Oc doesn’t want to read at slow speeds most of the time, like less then .9 mph. is this normal for this unit, or does anyone know of an adjustment i can make on it to fix this?

and a by product of not reading the speed, is it doesn’t update my location on the map very frequently at those speeds. it makes it very frustrating trying to follow a breakline when rigging bait at slow speeds…

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I had this happen to me Saturday morning and didn’t get a chance to troubleshoot it but the first thing I’m going to try is update my trail recording options to timed rather than auto or distance.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I am not really familiar with the H2Oc but I do know a thing or two about GPS. I had to download the manual @ the lowrance web site. On page 93 it refers to how often your location is updated, in can be measured by ammount of time or distance. If you were going .5 mph and the setting is set to 1/2 mile to refresh your location then it would take quite a while to do so. Anyway what I am trying to say you need to look for a setting similar to this that may fix it. Good Luck

perch_44

Quote:

I am not really familiar with the H2Oc but I do know a thing or two about GPS. I had to download the manual @ the lowrance web site. On page 93 it refers to how often your location is updated, in can be measured by ammount of time or distance. If you were going .5 mph and the setting is set to 1/2 mile to refresh your location then it would take quite a while to do so. Anyway what I am trying to say you need to look for a setting similar to this that may fix it. Good Luck

thanks! that will help with updating my position on the map. i will change it to update based on time.

anyone know if there is something i can do to get it to show speeds starting at .1 mph?

liar
    Lakeville

Mine does the same thing perch. I’d like to know if I can set it at .1 mph, or at least close to that.

perch_44

Quote:

Mine does the same thing perch. I’d like to know if I can set it at .1 mph, or at least close to that.

i am going to call lowrance once i get a chance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.