crankbait box

• STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

does anybody have or know of a box or system for cranks? i havent seen anything that will work without becoming a complete tangled mess or only hold 7-8 baits in a box. maybe something like a small muskie box?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

So far I have been pleased with my new SPecil Mate box.

Unless you have a lot of big stick baits (HJ12 or bigger)or Thunder sticks, you would be fine with the 5″ crankbait size box.

Special Mate Tackle Boxes

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

i second special mate! they are aweosme. put a swimming noodle in the front and then your baits wont move at all!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Grant turned me on to the Special Mate box too. I did some looking and nothing compares to individual compartments. -Mark

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I agree with the special mate. Very nice box, I need another one…

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Quote:

Grant turned me on to the Special Mate box too. I did some looking and nothing compares to individual compartments. -Mark

Exaclty! there alot cheaper than b and b also. Make sure you get the 5 inch one and not the 3 unless you are only going to put shad raps in it. hey, if your goona get one i might need a 4th so maybe we can save on shipping and put an order in together. You better get up here and fish again soon!

adamj

How do the HJ #14s fit in the 5″ box? Might be ordering a couple boxes…

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

I dont have any of thoes but the tdd 11’s fit just fine and they are 4 and 3/8 inch. I also have j-11’s or j-13’s i cant remember what they are but they fit just fine also. Your hj 14’s are 5 1/2 inch. ill measure the j’s when i get home and let ya know. my guess is they will fit just fine.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have the special mate box and it works great, but I can’t fit it in my storage compartment. I started putting most of my crankbaits in Plano boxes now. I still keep all of my large Reef Runners and Taildancers in the special mate box.

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

I agree on the special mate box…Get two a small and a large one. This will allow you to buy more baits

That’s what i did and they are both full. As long as there is room you might as well fill it up.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

$50.00 or $60.00 for one of those boxes ?

I think I’ll keep untangling my crank baits as I need them.

Rootski

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

X2, my popular ones I bought the plastic protectors for the trebbile hooks and eased up the tangles!

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Quote:

$50.00 or $60.00 for one of those boxes ?

I think I’ll keep untangling my crank baits as I need them.

HAS MY WIFE BEEN TALKING TO YOU????

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

yeah the j 13’s fit with plenty of extra room

fireline
    Rochester

Quote:

Here ya go !!!!!!!!!!

HERE

X2

shaley
    Milford IA

X3 I love my B&B well worth the price.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.