What Batteries Do You Use?

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

Ok what are all you out there using for trolling motor batteries, type, series?

On what trolling motor, brand thrust, voltage?

On what boat, make length, hull design, weight?

And the last question what kind of time line under what kind of usage do you receive from them?

mjnl
    Rochester, MN

My TM batteries are Northern, I assume from Northern Tool and Equipment. They came new with my 2004 Lund, 1850 Tyee. The boat weighs in around 2800-2900 lb with a full tank and gear (well close to that). Gotta weigh it one of these days. The batteries were going strong last year… My TM “was” a Minn Kota, 74/US/AP, 60″ and soon will be a 80/US2/I-Pilot . The 74 lb thrust unit worked okay in almost all situations and received a boost from the Yamaha T8 when it needed it. I think my batteries have survived this long because I keep the on-board charger plugged in on a timer for 2 hours a day when the boats not in use. I also remove the batteries and charge them once a month during the hard water season.

drechsler
    ia.east side scott co.

i have tried alot of different brands over the yrs., but believe it or not i have had the best luck with farm and fleet.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Trojan are the best I have used so far.

Minn Kota 24V 80lb

Run it hard and these hold up

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Fleet Farm. Tried a number of brands but they work well for my type of fishing.

D

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Walmart Everstart

If I ever have a problem I can always find a store to exchange them, so far never have needed too. Second set in 7 years

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Optima Blue Top D31M

Best Battery out there!

wmahnke
    Eau Claire, WI

tryed diffrent batts so fare ive had the worst luck with opti. and the best with farm n fleet

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Thanks Guys!

Now I’m not tring to make this a battery brand war, I’m having issues with a brand new unit on run time. I have 3 items that have been a constant for the past many (6 to 8) years. The three are boat, charger and type of batteries.

What has changed and is all new are the trolling motor (thrust and voltage), mounting bracket, all wireing and an added battery

This not ment to be a love hate thread. Just facts, and the whole package, so,,

Ok what are all you out there using for trolling motor batteries, type, series?

On what trolling motor, brand thrust, voltage?

On what boat, make length, hull design, weight?

And the last question what kind of time line under what kind of usage do you receive from them?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

WildTyee,
    Your Trolling motor is and will be a 24 volt? Or a 24 v and will be a 36v?
    Your boat is just under mine in length and weight as well as type.(1950 Tyee)

dugout,
    What are you running your Optima’s on and for? How does it do for runtime and at what strength? You know Who, What, When, Where and Why?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Walmart Everstart

If I ever have a problem I can always find a store to exchange them, so far never have needed too. Second set in 7 years

Ditto on the Everstarts. Maxx29 for about $80 bucks each. Can’t go wrong.

-J.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.