GPS chips

• andyboecker
    Central MN

I have a Navionics chip right now in my H2Oc, not very impressed… The maps are not even close to being accurate. I am looking for input as to what chip has the best most accurate maps. -Thanks

james_walleye
    rochester, mn

Lakemaster seems to be pretty darn good.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

LakeMaster.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

lm

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I have a Navionics chip right now in my H2Oc, not very impressed… The maps are not even close to being accurate. I am looking for input as to what chip has the best most accurate maps. -Thanks

Is it a Navionics Hotmaps Premium or just the regular Hotmaps? The Premium maps are accurate if you are on a lake that they have surveyed. Those lakes will be listed in red on the lake list. The most popular lakes tend to be the ones that are surveyed. The same is true of Lakemaster. The lakes that they survey are going to be the most accurate and most detailed lakes. If you tell us what lakes you fish the most we can be more helpful to you.

shaley
    Milford IA

My Navionics is spot on here in Iowa or on Vermilion.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

My Navionics is right on when used in the boat with my Fish Elite locator/GPS. I would like to eventually get a handheld to use it in for ice fishing. You have me thinking now……

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

My Navionics is right on when used in the boat with my Fish Elite locator/GPS. I would like to eventually get a handheld to use it in for ice fishing. You have me thinking now……

Mike, It’s not the fact that he is using it in a handheld that is causing the issue. If you’re map chip works well in your Eagle unit on your lake then it would also work well in the H2OC that the original poster is using. The problem he is having is due to:

1) It’s not a Premium map chip.
    2) The problem occurs on a lake that has not been surveyed and has a poor data source.

There is a third possibility, that the GPS is malfunctioning or is set to the wrong map datum (unlikely).

I suspect it is #1 or #2. If it is not then there is an issue with that particular GPS unit or possibly that particular map card. The accuracy of the Navionics Premium survey lake maps and the lakemaster survey lake maps is very good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.