Aluminum Boat needs Painting

• scottzietlow

So my alumacraft SemiV needs some new paint on her… I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone who paints boats in the LaCrosse area. I was thinkin of doing it myself but it is pretty beat up and would like just to get it done professionally but if it does come down to it I can do it myself. If this happens does anyone have any tips for me on painting this style of boat.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

A few years ago I repainted a boat for a friend. At that time in my life i was painting combines for John Deere. I went to the local paint shop and they set me up with a Zinc primer & and told me to use extra hardner in the paint because aluminum flexes, made sense we used Enamel paint also. That had to be 6 or 7 years ago. and it still looks darn good.
    Good Luck Phil Putnam

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Is there a Maaco around? I know they paint boats up in the Twin Cities fairly reasonable.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Doesn’t Alumacraft in Lake City (?) re-paint? I’ve been meaning to check into this myself, if someone knows let us know? I heard they will do this with original paint jobs for a fair price?

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Make that…

ALUMACRAFT BOAT CO.
    MINNESOTA
    315 W. Saint Julien St.
    St. Peter, MN 56082
    507-931-1050

scottzietlow

Well I ran into a few guys from Alumacraft and asked what I could get my boat painted for. Well they all said that they could get the boat painted and sand blasted in about a day all for around $350 to $400…. I liked the sounds of that but the only thing is is that it wouldnt be the olive drab it would be the new switch grass color which I actually like better…. just wanted to post this new info just incase someone else is in need of a new paint job!!!….. WHEN YOU LOOK GOOD YOU FISH GOOD!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.