Boat cleaning

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I am sure it has been discussed before….but….I have a nice pool 4 scum line and need to sparkle her up a little….any good ideas..thought I read one vinegar and water half and half I think?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yes sir, thats what I use.

Jami

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

E, try a jar of vasoline or some good axle grease on a cool day then a slight dusting of all purpose flour…She’ll look good as new!!

highpockets
    faribault

Kaboom bathroom tile cleaner.I use every time I leave the river.Takes 2 mins. and my boat always looks new.Spray it on and wipe it off, doesnt leave a haze, no scrubbing.it takes the scum right off and really makes your boat shine.I get it at Menards.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

The best stuff to use for glass boats is Bass Boat Saver (BBS). It takes off all scum, grime and grease and shines up excellent. Spray on and wipe off. Also can be used on plastic, rubber and seats. This stuff is great. You walleye guys might have a hard time using something that is called “Bass Boat Saver”. I didn’t know your walleye guys actually spent any time cleaning your boats?

Bass Boat Saver

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Elbow grease with about anything, including just water, will remove the scum line. When I wash my boat I use car wash soap with wax.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

50 / 50 white vinegar to water will work on almost anything. If you up the vinegar to 75%, you will not need elbow grease. Water spots, scum lines, bird crap. It all wipes right off.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Does the vinigar solution remove wax?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Not to my knowledge. When I spray it on, it still beads up like it did right after I waxed it last fall, so my assumption is no.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Thanks guys looks like a 12 pack night in the shop possibly

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Thanks guys looks like a 12 pack night in the shop possibly

12?????

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Bacardi is always on stand by

jkratky
    Lino Lakes, MN

And stains on a white alum? Water, vinegar? or any other solutions?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Don’t know about white, but I use it on my black alumacraft, which has an unpainted lower half and it seems to work fine there as well. It leaves no residue or streaks of any kind. It takes off water spots. I use it on my motors, and my locator screens and have had zero issues ever. Used it on my old boat for 7 years. I never ran into anything that a 75 / 25 mixture of vinegar to water wouldn’t take off. I have 4 or 5 bottles of different boat cleaners at home that were used once, and they were only used once because they don’t do squat. Unless somebody can show me something better than vinegar / water for the same price, I’m sticking with it.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I just let Mendota clean mine whenever it needs it.

jkratky
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Don’t know about white, but I use it on my black alumacraft, which has an unpainted lower half and it seems to work fine there as well. It leaves no residue or streaks of any kind. It takes off water spots. I use it on my motors, and my locator screens and have had zero issues ever. Used it on my old boat for 7 years. I never ran into anything that a 75 / 25 mixture of vinegar to water wouldn’t take off. I have 4 or 5 bottles of different boat cleaners at home that were used once, and they were only used once because they don’t do squat. Unless somebody can show me something better than vinegar / water for the same price, I’m sticking with it.

With you on that, went FF for cleaners and was totally spendie for something your not sure works. can u clean mine also

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

can u clean mine also

No.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Ok. I took your advise and washed my boat last night with vineger and water. I must admit, it worked great. Very little scrubbing took off all the scum stains. It didn’t do very good on the black steaks, but I have a black streak remover that works pretty well on those.

Now for the big question? What do you tell people when they ask you what that pickel smell is? I also found out that my youngest daughter doesn’t like the smell of vineger. She got to be the official rinser.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

The best stuff to use for glass boats is Bass Boat Saver (BBS). It takes off all scum, grime and grease and shines up excellent. Spray on and wipe off. Also can be used on plastic, rubber and seats. This stuff is great. You walleye guys might have a hard time using something that is called “Bass Boat Saver”. I didn’t know your walleye guys actually spent any time cleaning your boats?

Bass Boat Saver

There is a ton of hype out there about this product, I just wasn’t a believer, that is until I tried it, not only does it make the boat look great, it’s really an awesome cleaner, they say you should be able to spray a rag and wipe the boat down with that, but I prefer the spray it on the boat method then wipe. It’s also keep the boat much, much cleaner in the first place. It really is as good as the hype IMHO.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I take my boat to the car wash a couple times per year. Pressure wash the carpet. Use the soap, then rinse it. It works great.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.