US2 issue with vex

• IDK
    Wacky, MN

Late late year I installed a Terrova with us2 and got the adapter for my FL8 which works fine on my ice ducer and on the previous puck I had.

What’s happening now is when I power on the motor, I get feedback on the screen like the whole think is solid red. I thought it was fixed last year (last fishing trip) as it just stopped doing that and it worked, but I really didn’t do anything. Once I shut off the trolling motor the noise goes away.

I tried the little magnets that wrap around the cables, taking the power I had wired up and using the 12volt battery from my ice pack and it still happens. I can take the US2 cable and unplug it and when I move it close to the screen on the fl8 the screen lights up red.

Not sure what else to try other then getting a different unit or sending the motor in, but really want to stick to the flasher. Or if anyone in Waconia would let me test their fl8 or fl18 on my boat just to see if it’s my unit that would be cool.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Call have a little chat with MinnKota, thus far I’ve only had great customer service.

IDK
    Wacky, MN

Call them today and they directed me to take it to a service center. They called minnkota after the information I gave them. He told me that minnkota said it would be an issue with my Vex.

If anyone lives near waconia and wouldn’t mind me borrowing their FL8SLT or FL18 that would be great.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.