“Rain gear”

• go-fish
    Mn.se metro

Looking for some feedback/input on what you guys are wearing out there.I’m looking at upgrading my columbia gear,any recomendations would be appreciated.
    I have no problem buying top of the line equiptment if its worth the $$$

josh_hanson
    S.E. Minnesota

After using cheap rain gear for a few years I recently upgraded to Gamehide Typhoon, but have not had chance to use it yet. Here is a review of the typhoon rain gear. I have also been using insulated Cabelas Guidewear since last fall and this ice season. The Guidewear has been 100% waterproof and is very durable.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I bought a Gamehide jacket from Everts last winter I think, this past summer on Cass Lake, I got caught in a rainstorm that Noah could have floated his ark in, perfectly dry. Gamehide check it out

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I wear my Gamehide Typhoon year round. Like it so much, when they recently had a sale, I picked up a second complete set. Going on two years with the current set and they still functioning like brand new.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

Cabelas guidewear for me. I have been very impressed with its durability, as well as staying dry.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have Cabela’s Guidewear and Gamehide Typhoon rain gear. I would recommend both.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Gamehide has a great fit. I don’t feel restricted in it like I have other gear.

unclelouie
    skokie il

to date I have NEVER been disapointed by most any Gore-Tex gear. It just works the way it is supposed to.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to IDo uncle louie!

We have a private message system on out site…there’s a flashing envelope up in the right hand corner…next to the log out button. Check it out.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

love my cabelas guide gear,although is have had a zipper problem,just gotta trade in next time at cabelas.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I just got back from 3 days of fishing steelhead on the Oregon coastal streams. We had everything from heavy rain to heavy snow. I had just picked up a set of Gamehide Typhoon rain gear over the winter and this was the first chance I had to field test the jacket. Excellent product. Kept me dry, kept the wind out, didn’t feel at all bulky, and when I would get hot from climbing up and down canyons to get to the streams, the venting on the jacket did its job perfect and I didn’t get sweaty. Best raingear I’ve worn for fishing.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

gamehide if it is above 40
    below 40= snosuit!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Guidewear or Gamehide.

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Wasn’t Gamehide Typhoon rain gear discontinuied this fall?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I thought that was the case. I know they had some quantity of stock remaining but I’m not aware of what might or might not be out there in the pipeline with retailers.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

They still have them listed on their website.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Cabela’s Guidewear for sure…

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I am a Cabela’s Guideware guy too, but the gamehide is nice too, and when they closed them out this last fall, I felt like a stole a pair at the price they were selling them at. I’ll try them this summer…LOL

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

love my cabelas guide gear,although is have had a zipper problem,just gotta trade in next time at cabelas.

I had the Cabelas 100mph Guidewear…great except for two issues…zipper sticking and stiff in the shoulders/armpits.
    The Gamehide has more feedom of movement and really built tough!
    Luke…you gotta grow more body mass son! I wear my typhoon parka down to zero with just a coupe layers underneath!

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Guidewear hands down, I own both & my gamehide is not comparable to the guidewear.

kooty
    Keymaster

Those southern boys are a bit soft Tom. I wear my Typhoon all winter. However, I do plan to get a Snosuit next year. Anything below zero and I will get cold when just sitting or minimal hole hopping.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ask James how tough the Gamehide Typhoon is against a VERY HOT LIGHT.

I will say they both (Gamehide and Guidewear) do an excellent job of keeping you dry. One just does it while; keeping you more comfortable, allowing you to move easier with the “Freedom Sleeve” and breathes way better then the other which keeps you cooler on warmer days. That is why I choose to wear Gamehide’s Typhoon Rain Gear.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Ask James how tough the Gamehide Typhoon is against a VERY HOT LIGHT.

Young Rob smoldered a little but he wouldn’t stay lit!

And when he was done leaning on the 5600k studio light you couldn’t find a mark on the suit. Good stuff. I still wear mine 3 years after the initial purchase and it is in perfect shape.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The light actually stuck/adhered itself to the Suit, but did not leave a mark.

Who puts studio lights in a boat where I release fish anyways.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

OK, so I obviously know where to find Cabela’s Guidewear, but if I don’t live in Minnesota, where can I get a look at the Typhoon rain gear. I’ve narrowed my choices down to the Cabela’s and Bass Pro sets with bibs, unless someone has something better……..

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The following are Gamehide Dealers in NE. I’m not sure if they carry Typhoon, but you could call and ask!

LOUS SPORTING GOODS
    AKA/NEBRASKA SPORTS
    FREMONT NE 68025-
    402-721-6040

MURDOCHS #T
    1510 E 20TH STREET
    SCOTTSBLUFF NE 69361

boos1906

I currently wear some cheap rain gear from cabelas. I will soon be upgrading to top of the line rain gear. I will be buying the cabelas guidewear. I have heard very good things about this rain gear.

backlash
    Owatonna MN

if you try guidewear you’ll never look for anything better again.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I kinda like the GuidePro series from Bass Pro. I just hate wearing something with “Bass Pro” plastered all over it though. Especially their 100mph series. I’d feel like a stinking billboard wearing that. the Cabelas Guidewear looks nice too, but I think I’d get too warm in it during the summer months.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

cabelas guidewear – uninsulated

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.