ice armor outdoor wear

• JimMcdonald
    IL

I have never seen Ice armor in person. I don’t think there is a store in Illinois that sells it. How good is it? I would be using it for open water spring/ late fall fishing.

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

If you’re talking about Clam Ice Armor it depends on if you have the Blue Suit or the Grey Suit.

The Grey suit is insulated and is very warm.

The Blue suit is more of a windbreaker and is not insulated.

If you go BLUE you will need to layer a little to stay warm. They both are great suits and the padded knees and butt are great and there are many pockets for all your gear.

I haven’t been out in a lot wet(rainy) conditions but they are supposed to be waterproof.

For the money they are both a good suit to keep you warm.

Oh, and I have the blue suit and I don’t ice fish without it!

arklite881south

Good Call on the Blue vs. Grey suit. I have the blue Ice Armor suit in which I wear darn near 4 seasons up here. In all honesty the Blue suit is much better for Fall and Spring. In the winter I layer a lot underneath. If it were me I’d go Snosuit. I was able to demo one during the Ice shoot for walleyes with James up here. Trust me it was plenty cold that day!! Snosuit rocked out!! It WILL be my next suit!!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have the gray Ice Armour Extreme and love it for cold weather ice and open water fishing. It has kept me plenty warm and dry without layers – usually just a sweatshirt even at -10. I have not had it out in really wet or rainy conditions but it is supposed to be waterproof. I do not have experience with the blue but had heard similar comments to those made here about layers.

You might want to look around here, there were other discussions on the SnoSuit and the artic armor and maybe some of the others. It also depends on what you conditions you want it for.

Good luck.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

if you’re going to use it for open water fishing you might want to look at the GAME HIDE stuff, i have a set of the typhoon and the name says it all. i even wear the bibs ice fishing.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

The grey or extreme suit is as good as the snow suit, but for alot less. I have had the extreme suit for years it holds up and warm. You do not need much for layers under it. Best deal for the money.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

for your needs, i would recommend the blue one. its plenty warm until you start hole-hopping in 15 below with 40mph winds!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Fishbowl, if you’re using it for late Fall fishing the Ice Armor will be fine. You might need to put a layer or two on under it, but you’ll be warm enough. The SnowSuit brand is for very cold weather. I have used both and there’s really no comparison. The SnowSuit is extremely warm and is the warmest set of clothes I’ve ever used. It’s actually quite amazing how light and harm the SnowSuit is. The Ice Armor X is kind of between the two. If you look at the way they’re all priced, I’d say you get what you pay for. If you don’t need a suit that warm don’t pay for it. You can order any one of these suits online at Reeds Sports.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I would also have to wonder about the Snosuit being over kill for where you live. When its 10 to 20 degrees out up here most of those days Im not even wearing the snosuit jacket.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.