Lowrance 27C and 28C difference?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Can anyone here tell me the difference between a 27C and a 28C. I see something about a hard drive. Not sure what this means in the fish electronic world. Other than that I can not see any difference. Thanks in advance for all your Info.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

With the closeout pricing on the 28’s I’d not worry about the minor differences and go that route.

28C

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What I really need to know is what does the 30GB harddrive do. Does it speed up or slow down the processing speed? How important is a duel Freq. transducer in normal water Depths?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The hard drive would be nice if you planned to save lots of plot trails etc… You can record all the info that traverses your screen and play back at a later date etc. I would likely never use this feature as I’m lucky I have time to just go fishing. However, given price, I’d get it just in case I ever change my mind.

Depending how you like to run your E’s I always think having the option of the dual ducer is nice. It’s only $30.00 more. Well worth it to me.

highpockets
    faribault

where have you found these units still in stock?Cabelas in owatonna had the 27 on sale for $699,i was 30 min. too late.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

where have you found these units still in stock?Cabelas in owatonna had the 27 on sale for $699,i was 30 min. too late.

I picked up a 27 a few weeks ago for that price at Reeds.

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I got my 27 for $599 at cabels with the cablea club visa $100 discount. Plus they had 12 months no interest financing.

I did get a demo on the 27 and 28 when I was there and the hard drive on the 28 slowed down the lakemaster map update and loading by a 5 to 10 seconds.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just ordered one from Reeds. They have the 27C with the 200KHZ transducer and the 3000GPS antenna for 749.00 shipped direct to your door. No freight or tax. Best deal that I could find. They said they still had a few more remaining. I’d call soon if you want one.

jimfish

IN this day of electronics if it does what you want then buy it because net year it will be some thing new.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

No real difference, the HD is suppose to be better (faster) for recording if you for say wanted to create maps yourself, in retrospec it’s probably a little more power hungry and has more moving parts, though neither of those points have ever been a problem that I’ve ever seen to date.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Can anyone here tell me the difference between a 27C and a 28C. I see something about a hard drive. Not sure what this means in the fish electronic world. Other than that I can not see any difference. Thanks in advance for all your Info.

The 28C has the hard drive that has extra space for data storage and it has detailed contour maps preloaded that the 27C does not. Other than that, they are very similar. The contour lake maps are of the entire USA including the Great Lakes and coastal waters.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.