drift socks *DELETED* *DELETED*

• highpockets
    faribault

Post deleted by highpockets

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

After watching the IDO video on drift socks,made a trip to Cabelas. $60 Drift Control sock on sale for $19.97

Which store and what size did you get? Was it in the bargin cave?

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

might be this one. its for smaller boats. dont know if it would be enough for slowing trolling speed.

drift sock

highpockets
    faribault

the pic is correct.I’m going to try them for slow trolling intead of getting a trolling plate,but I make alot of short runs 200 -500 ft and I think it might get to be alot of work.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

i ditched my trolling plate – too many sheared pins and cracks in the plastic – for dragging drift socks last year and it works much better. i dont think its that big a hassle pulling up the bags, especially when it helps you catch fish.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

I bought one from Cabelas for $18.88 plus 5 or so in shipping. It is a 40″ Accu Drift.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

the pic is correct.I’m going to try them for slow trolling intead of getting a trolling plate,but I make alot of short runs 200 -500 ft and I think it might get to be alot of work.

The 30″ trolling socks are a breeze to deploy and pull back into the boat. Tie a 1/8″ line to the back end of the sock. When it is time to stow the sock… pull on the 1/8 line instead of the harness line. The sock will collapse, the water will empty in a second and the only effort you’ll have to expend is in lifting the weight of an empty trolling sock which weighs just a little bit more than nothing.

Trolling plates will slow you down a little but at the sacrifice of boat control. I honestly would not recommend one for use in any situation where directional control will be important.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Yeah, what James said!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.