trolling plates

• highpockets
    faribault

ihad a trolling plate on my last boat and it worked great.My 115 johnson trolled down to .5 mph,but i hated the issues w/the shear pins.I want to put one on my 150 yamaha to avoid the weight and,of course,the expense of a kicker.Has anyone used the Easytroller plate?Stainleess w/no shear pins.It gets great reviews.I have a hard time drilling holes into an otherwise great motor.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Just a thought. Doing this type of modification void your warranty in anyway?

FDR

jhalfen

I really good, inexpensive way to slow your troll speed down is by using Drift Control drift socks.

There are a couple of ways to do this: one larger sock off the bow, or a pair of smaller socks with one hanging off a cleat on each side of the boat.

These can slow your troll speed down dramatically. When I ran a crestliner with a 115 johnson, I would use the one-sock method to cut my slowest trolling speed from right around 2 to the 1.2-1.3 mph range….plenty slow enough to pull spinners on bouncers or stickbaits in the shallows, depending on my application.

The socks will also help with boat control, preventing your bow from being blown all around by the wind.

Best of all, using Drift Control socks will have no impact on the integrity or the warranty of your motor.

jhalfen

Check out this video that illustrates the utility of Drift Control socks in exactly this type of application.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.