New Lowrance HDS Units

• 49er
    southcentral mn

Wondering if anyone has seen or tested one of these out yet? My folks bought a new boat and my dad is highly considering putting the new Lowrance HDS 8 on it.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wondering if anyone has seen or tested one of these out yet? My folks bought a new boat and my dad is highly considering putting the new Lowrance HDS 8 on it.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks.

We’ll have a Q&A with Doc Samson next week, here at IDO. Doc has some pretty good knowledge on the new HDS units and will be able to shed a little light on the subject. The Q&A will run Monday through Wednesday next week.

NowVoayger
    Alexandria, Va

I have not. I have a broadband sounder and plan to wait
    for the chartplotter only models to come out, 2 or 3 weeks
    according to Cabalas.
    Here is a quote form anothe blog. Everything I have
    read form some of the early users has been very posiive.

“only had it for a week, but had a LCX 28. So I am using the same 200/50 kHz skimmer. Works well and is much better at target seperation and the noise rejection at speed then the LCX 28. The LCX 28 was good but this is much better with the broad band sonar they have developed”.

“The screen is super bright much better than the old 28. I hear that the HDS 10 is very bright and has the same GPS performance as the HDS-7.The HDS-10 has the softkeys which will be a great feature”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.