atv floats

• wheel10
    madison, wi

Hi. Just wondering where everyone gets their flatation device for their ATV’s. Are most of you doing the home made thing or buying them somewhere? I have a Foreman 450ES. Thanks. Mike

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

You won’t outrun the DNR there!!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Call me naive, but what are you guys speaking of?

wheel10
    madison, wi

On our lakes you need floats on your atv or snowmobile if you want to take them on the ice. I imagine it’s not for safty as much as they don’t want them on the bottom of the lake. Mike

Arjak

When you fish Mendota not sure if the others are like that in the Madison area your ATV must have a flotation device on it and actually been certified as well. Don’t have one myself but most made there own. You could check the bait store there by the lake that offers shuttle service out. I’m sure he can hook you up. Might try googling it as well.

Arjak

Arjak

ma duece,

Try going to this website. http://www.lake-link.com Go to Forums and click on ice fishing then in search type ATV floats. There is a good thread there. The bait store I couldn’t think of was D & S Bait.

Arjak

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I’ll be darned! I learned something new!

Please keep that kind of thing on your side of the border.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

With the speed of those things I think I would fall asleep by the time I got to some of my spots.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

nah they go an easy 20 mph no need to go much faster then that on the ice plus there versitle they have a camo top with zippered holes for duck hunting or blind hunting i mean you can get to your blind , hunt , move around with a trolling motor and oick up your decoys and drive back on shore and never leave your blind .plus if your on lotw they have an optional track system . pretty versitle machine that only weighs around 600lbs.
    when the ice is 1″ thick and water all around the shorelines and your chompen at the bit cause you cant fish , ice or boat ill be out on the wilcraft on 1″ of ice still fishing

arklite881south

Quote:

On our lakes you need floats on your atv or snowmobile if you want to take them on the ice. I imagine it’s not for safty as much as they don’t want them on the bottom of the lake. Mike

WOW!! I never heard of that either… I hope that never comes here. So…. DO they make the riders where floatation devices also?? Hmnnn….. I think I’ll stop there. Interesting concept though.

craighaz
    altoona,wi

that must be a local ordinace. I have never heard of it hope the idea doesnt spread.

desperado

It’s a Dane County thing; Anything on the ice in Dane County Wisconsin is required to float.
    And we think Minnesota is a Nanny State?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.