Need help!

• wap
    SE minnesota

I was wondering if anyone has any Ideas on how to secure my 9.9 kicker motor from coming down when I travel in rough water. I have heard of strapping it down but seems to be a pain I dont really want to invest in power tilt and trim.Does anyone have any custom ideas to keep it from bouncing down off the latch? Thanks for any information!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I am in the same boat 9.9 kicker and allways worry about looseing it or breaking the mounts in rough water. That is why I am saving my nickels and dimes for a true kicker.

No help at all…..I know ..I know

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

On my last boat I had an 8hp Evinrude 4 stroke kicker that just had a bracket with no trim and tilt. After I had it tilted up I had a heavy duty rubber bungee that I put around it for safe travels. Also used it when it was on the trailer. I never had a problem.

Good Luck!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve seen a ratchet strap used.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I cut a 14″ piece of broom handle, drilled holes near each end, and slipped it in the “V” between the motor and bracket, then hooked a bungee cord in the hole on one end, wrapped it around the motor and hooked it in the other end.

Never had a problem in 3 years, running some very rough water from time to time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.