H2O gps

• beckzl32

i was wondering if you can store the lakemaster chip info in the units memory so you could use multiple chips at once and if so does it erase off the sd card it self

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not that I’m aware of….

However you can accomplish the same thing by going backwards.

Use another SD card to upload the info you wish…then place the LM chip in. Always download (save) to another SD card and not the LM card.

I’m not sure if you can save to a LM card.

minnesotsakid
    ROCHESTER

Does anyone know of someone who services this unit? My unit will not turn on even after replacing many sets of batteries. Any help is great thanks!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I don’t believe that’s an option, River Runner. They make em so they aren’t able to be copied; the reason they’re call ‘plug-n-play’.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

i was wondering if you can store the lakemaster chip info in the units memory so you could use multiple chips at once and if so does it erase off the sd card it self

No, you can not store the map data on the GPS. Also note that your personal data, such as waypoints etc, will be saved directly to the GPS and is not saved on the map chip.

beckzl32

hey thanks be cause i was reading the owners manual and it said you where able to save mmc /sd cards to internal memory i just didn’t want to erase the chip

walleyejigger05

is any body else having problems with their 12v cigarette adapters not working for their H2o C

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Lowrance was having problems with their power cords.

Call them 1-800-324-1356 and see if they’ll send you out
    a new one. If it’s out of warranty they may still send you one because of past problems.

Have your serial number ready. It’s in the battery compartment.

Good Luck!!

eye_hunter

just wondering with the H20, can it be used as a hunting GPS too?

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I used mine for deer hunting to mark my stands and it worked just fine. I know you need to move or keep moving has a hard time through the woods if you are standing still.

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

I also use mine for both hunting and fishing. As mentioned before, I find it does get a little spotty on coverage when I’m in thick cover, but overall it does a great job.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

is there anyway to offset the navionics chip data on my h2oc? all the islands and mainland are off about 30 to 40 yards or so from where they really are.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

is there anyway to offset the navionics chip data on my h2oc? all the islands and mainland are off about 30 to 40 yards or so from where they really are.

If it’s a non-survey lake, the accuracy can be off a little. There’s nothing you can do. What lake is it and what chip do you have?

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

i have the navionics hot maps premium north. just about every lake i have been on is off quite a bit.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

i have the navionics hot maps premium north. just about every lake i have been on is off quite a bit.

Data sources vary lake to lake. If the survey lakes, such as Mille Lacs or Tonka are off, then there is a problem with the GPS. The survey lakes (HD, 1-foot contours) are very accurate as electronic maps go. But lakes that utilize DNR data or other sources are not going to be as accurate.

eye_hunter

what is the difference between the navionic maps and the lakemaster maps chips. I Recently bought a H20c and was cant decide on which chip to buy. I heard the Navionics has contours on land too, not just lakes? which one is better in terms of accuracy.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

The Navionics chip covers a region of the US whereas the
    LakeMaster chip is state specific.

Navionics Lake List

Lakemaster Lake List

The Navionics is a good choice if you travel to fish outside MN.

The LakeMaster chip is ~50.00 less than the Navionics and
    is a great chip if you only fish a certain state. They
    are available for MN,WI,MI,LOW/Rainy, and they recently added a ND/SD chip.

You can zoom in closer with the LakeMaster chip which is
    why I chose it over the Navionics. Plus I don’t ice fish
    outside of MN too often.

Good Luck. Either way you choose you need to choose!!

Look around there are some deals to be had on the LakeMaster chips. (2008’s)

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

might stopped working too, got a new cord, still don’t work.
    might be something on the unit i guess.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.