Vexilar Parka/Bibs

• Scraper

Does anyone own a vexilar parka or bibs? I’m wondering if people have had good luck with them, and if they hold up pretty well to the elements.

corey-studer

I like mine and this will be the third year on them. They made some slight modifications/improvements on them last year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Scraper, before you go out a buy…you owe it to yourself to try out the Sno Suit.

Mr Freeze Baby down at Everts has one that I tried on the other day….I’m not going to list all the reasons…just check them out before you buy.

sparky15

Im not sure about this years vex bibs but read carefully they are WATER RESISTANT and not WATERPROOF!!!
    I personally would not settle for anything less than waterproof

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Ice Armor, Arctic Armor, Vexilar, Stike Master, Snow Suite….

Each of these suites offer GREAT protection against the cold weather. Ice Armor being the original Ice Suit, Arctic Armor being the “personal Flotation Device”… Etc.

My personal opinion is that the Sno Suit is the BEST cold weather suit made. I have looked at all others. Sno Suit is the Schnizzzit. I just wish I could afford it. That is the next item on my “to be purchased” list.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I am very happy with my Vexilar Parka and Bibs. Lots of room to move around in them, comfortable, warm and they have kept me dry. I have kneeled on the ice many days with my bibs on and have yet to get wet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since my first post above…

I’ve found out that Everts Fishing Resort near Red Wing MN will let you try before you buy. An “on the water demo” if you will.

If you don’t have a boat for winter fishing…put up a post in the trip swap forum. There are many members that fish alone and would enjoy the company while you stay roasty toasty warm in your Sno Suit demo.

I had a conversation with Mike W the other night about his Sno Suit. I’ll wait for him to chime in here. His story will speak volumes!

Once a person puts on a Sno Suit it’s impossible for them not to say they are in a class of their own as far as winter gear goes. This isn’t to say the other brands are bad…but it’s comparing apples to oranges.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I dont have any experience with the vexilar gear. Would imagine its decent stuff. Seems to be a fair amount of people wearing it and some good names promoting it.

The Snosuit I do know about and it will keep you warm. Knees and seat are neoprene lined to keep water out while you are sitting and kneeling. Lots of pockets. Fits very loose in the shoulders for ease of movement. Another really nice thing about Snosuit is not having to layer clothing on under it. If you do layer under it you will cook. I used to have to do 2 or 3 layers under some of my other stuff.

If you get the Vexilar suit let us know how it works.

pjwatson05
    Lincoln, NE

I have buddies who have the Vexilar suit, it’s nice but not waterproof. I personally went with the Artic Armour suit this season, because it’s warm, waterproof and it will float you if you fall through. I wear the jacket every day and it’s great.

Today I was out checking farm ponds with a spud bar and the windchill was 5 Deg. I had my Artic Armour & Lacrosse boots on with just a T-shirt and Jeans on underneath and after punching 8 holes, I was ready to take the jacket off I was so warm. The wind of 25 mph didn’t phase me a bit. The suit may be too warm for me sometimes.

beckzl32

me and 3 buddies have vexlar suits and we all like them i have never got cold or wet in them altought some other suit offer great products to it depends on how much you want to spend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.