Doggy Mercury 60 HP 4 stroke on my 1600 fish hawk?

• somann

Does anyone own, or know anyone who owns a Crestliner 1600 SC fish hawk that I could compare notes with? I bought this boat new last year and it came pre-rigged with a 4 stroke 60 hp outboard. It seems to me like this boat is a slug with this motor. With two adults in the boat, this thing works and works to just get on plane. Put a 3rd in, then hope you have about a quarter mile of water ahead to actually finally have enough ummphhh to get on plane and moving. Is this normal?? This is a relatively light boat at under 900 pounds dry. I would have thought even with 3 adults it should hop up onto a plane without too much effort. This boat is rated up to 75 hp, so its not maxed out, but its not the 50HP motor that alot of them come pre-rigged with either. My god if the 60 is this bad, I can’t imagine the 50 hp would even have enought to even attain plane with 3 adults in the boat. Once it finally gets planed out, it goes alright. I think at full throttle I see about 28mph on the gps. The prop is stock and is pristine. Is there something wrong with this motor or is this just the way it is?? When I am in the boat, it gets onto plane without too much effort, but nothing too impressive. Does this sound right?? I guess I expected a little more of 60hp on this boat. Any info or suggestions would be great. I know I could look into props for better low end performance, but I’d like to first rule out that there isn’t something wrong with this boat first. How can one know, or determine if an outboard truley is making the power it should?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.