Cabela’s Disses Lowrance

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

2007 Cabela’s Christmas Master catalogue and they have every handheld GPS EXCEPT Lowrance! WTF? None of the other units accept Nav or LM chips so I just dont get it. Must be something up between those two companies.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

My guess is it is one of two things,

1) Cabela’s has some concern about the performence of the units.

2) Lowrance won’t meet the price point Cabela’s wants to sell at.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Mike, I haven’t heard anything yet but I wonder if that means Lowrance is going to change the handheld lineup. If I hear something I’ll let you know.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I don’t see Cabelas losing Lowrance products, it would be a HUGE loss to them. Maybe your catalog is missing a page?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I don’t see Cabelas losing Lowrance products, it would be a HUGE loss to them. Maybe your catalog is missing a page?

I’m missing the Lowrance page as well but I would buy from
    Wade anyways!!

Maybe someone just flat out “Farved” the ball on this one.

revermann
    Rice, MN

Gotta love that one!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Having worked for Cabela’s for 8 years, I’ll tell you this: it’s the Christmas catalog. I would put no stock in it at all. It’s the best example out of all their catalogs of them putting stuff in it they want, not what you want. I would get calls all the time asking why this or that isn’t in it, so, it’s not just you. It’s their worst catalog of the year. Keep your spring and fall masters, they’re the ones you want to have around.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Gotta love that one!!!!

More like Culpeppered it!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yep I agree with BR. They put about 1/10 of their stuff in that catalog. The stuff they are trying to get rid of.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Having worked for Cabela’s for 8 years, I’ll tell you this: it’s the Christmas catalog. I would put no stock in it at all. It’s the best example out of all their catalogs of them putting stuff in it they want, not what you want. I would get calls all the time asking why this or that isn’t in it, so, it’s not just you. It’s their worst catalog of the year. Keep your spring and fall masters, they’re the ones you want to have around.

Brian, That’s probably it. I’ve look for any notice of changes and can’t find anything at this point.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Seems ridiculous since us fisherman live and die by the Lowrance hand held units at this time. I hardly know anyone that either doesnt have one or doesnt want one. Oh well. I still dont understand how the other GPS companies have failed to make an alliance with Navionics and Lake Master thereby giving a huge amount of business to Lowrance. I LOVE my Expedition but would have probably bought a Garmin had they accepted the lake chips. Now I’m a Lowrance fan.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Catalog space is for sale in most of those catalogs. Another company probably bought the space up. It does not mean they are not carrying them. They may have been a real sweet deal on the table from a competitor that wanted that space.

One other thing about about Catalogs from major companies is that they will feature their brand name products. Cabalas for example with contract with someone to produce a cabalas brand rod, those rods will be the featured products on most pages because that is where the real $$ is.

With that said, buy from Wade at Jolly Ann because he is one heck of a guy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.