Aerator in 03 Alumacraft Tour Pro

• bongzl
    Perham, MN

I just got this boat and I cannot figure out how to get the front live well to fill with water. When I run the Aerator switch it fills the rear live well. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to choose which one fills, or is there something that is not working? There is only one switch. Any help is appreciated.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

You may want to make sure the valve in the livewell has been opened. You can open these to the amount of water you choose to have flowing. If that doesn’t work I’d check the line for plugging. This is assuming you only have one aerator pump? Hope this helps

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ve seen guys disconnect that hose all together and use the front livewell as either storage or a cooler. It really is not a good design. Water get’s out of that front livewell pretty easily and spills out on the floor.

-J.

bongzl
    Perham, MN

Well I agree with you on the spilling on the floor. I caught a pig last Saturday and it wouldn’t fit in the rear so I manually filled up the front livewell. I will have to check into the valve being turned off, I never tried turning it.

shayla

Sounds like the little black knob inside the livewell needs to be unscrewed a little to allow water in. (I actually removed mine altogether) As for water spilling out of the front livewell, I never once had that happen in my 2003 Tournament Pro…not sure how that happens being as there is an overflow out the side of the boat. Do some models not have the overflow?

bongzl
    Perham, MN

There is a overflow out the side, but I had the bow standing straight up in the air a few times fighting some monster waves out on Ottertail, which could have led to it leaking out the hatch. It wasn’t flowing just leaking (the carpet was a little wet). Thanks for the fast replies!!!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Sounds like the little black knob inside the livewell needs to be unscrewed a little to allow water in.

Yep, what slip sinker said.

Also, the latch on the covers can be adjusted so the cover has a tigher fit and the water stays in the livewell.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.