Invoice price for new motor

• elonm
    Minnesota

Greetings!

I am hoping someone would be able to give me the invoice (dealer cost) of a 2007 50hp Suzuki or Yamaho 4-stroke outboard. I am currently trying to work through a protracted issue with my dealer and need this information to ensure I am treated fairly.

Thanks for any assistance. Feel free to PM me if that would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

David

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just have them show you the invoice.

big g

chubby
    Bloomington

Most outboards sold are sold for about what is shown as dealer cost by the manufacturer.

There are so many programs and discounts that are available that a dealer that has 5 or 6 50 HP’s could have paid 3 or 4 different prices for them.

Work on getting a good price and do not get hung up on dealer cost as it is somewhat of an arbitrary number.

elonm
    Minnesota

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate it. In keeping with the get the best deal I can theme, what would be considered a great price for the following:

50 hp:

07 Merc 4 stroke

07 Honda 4 stroke

07 Yamaha 4 stroke

07 Suzuki 4 stroke

Please keep in mind, I am not looking pricing that represents a good deal for someone looking to buy a replacement motor, I am looking for the price that represents a dealer’s best effort at service recovery for an existing customer.

Thanks again!

David

Walleyebry
    Isle, mn.

Why does it have to be a four stroke? The evinrude e-tecs are much lighter and much more efficient. 2>4

elonm
    Minnesota

The dealer I am working through the issue with does not carry Evinrude outboards. I have nothing against 2 strokes, it just seems like 4 strokes dominate this end of the outboard market.

Thanks,

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.