Baitwell problem

• Finny
    Minnesota

Anyone know how I can fix a bait well. My pump is fine but it does not pump water into the well. I think that my line must be plugged. Has anyone had this happen to them before and how did you fix it??

david_scott
    Twin Cities

You could have a clog in the intake, pump, or a air lock in the system if the pump is functioning.

Try to run the garden hose through it and make it work, sometimes plugging the overflow on the livewell filling the livewell to the top with a hose will let the water gravity feed back into the system getting rid of the air lock. If you can remove the spray fitting(some just twist off), you can just run the hose backwards through the system.

An air lock is likely your problem… very common.

2fishy

Try turning your pump on and run your boat in reverse. This will normally take care of the air lock.

redneck
    Rosemount

There is one other possiblility. I had my livewell quit last weekend during a tourney and it turned out the impeller had spun on the shaft. The impeller is plastic (on my Lund) and a chunk of weed had gotten bound up in it and had caused the impeller to stop. The shaft had a flat spot and the impeller had a matching flat spot. When the weed bound it up the plastic impeller hole rounded out and then the motor would run but not pump water. Impeller would actually spin when I pulled it out till I put a load on it. Something else to check out anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.