Rod holder recommendations?

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I’m looking to add some rod holders to my rig… I have plenty of space on my gunwales (sp?). I’d like to get a flush-mount so there’s nothing sticking up when they’re not in use. Also, I don’t want to spend a lot of change and I’m not looking for the Cadillac version – just something to stick a rod into while trolling or dead-sticking. Thoughts?

jhalfen

I have Fish-on and Ram holders. I definitely prefer the Rams and will be replacing all my Fish-ons during the course of this season.

Pikester

Cabelas Quick Strikes.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Check out new Folbe’s at Evert’s they are awesome!!!! They have flush mount,rail and side . Really made strong and the best trolling holder out there. Extension,s also if you need them.

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

I’ve had good luck with THESE

These are the cabelas brand ones, but i believe they are really made by Scotty, so u can by more holders or bases at like a scheels or gander mountain or just about anywhere and they are interchangable, or at least the ones i bought last year were

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Cheap and good = Action rod holders. They have them at the mans mall.

-J.

shaley
    Milford IA

I just switched to the Ram 2000 and love them. Even replaced my scotties with them.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I 2nd Kevin’s comments…..I used mine for the 1st time tonight and the easy of getting it in and out is awesome! Fish on………Lift it out of the holder! No having to “push” it out the end of the rod holder! Just lift it up! Sweet Daddy!

timmay

I just put these on my boat and really like them. http://www.scotty.com/marine/products/product/rodholders/baitcaster.html

They have a slot on the bottom for spinning rods and the rubber strap that goes over the top of the holder in the pic spins around and will lock in a spinning rod also. The saddle on top for a bait caster is padded. They are made out of tough material and are easy to adjust.

I picked mine up at Sportsmans Warehouse for $13.99 apiece with the top/side mount.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

thanks for all the tips… I’ll probably make run to the man’s mall and Gander Mtn (both close) and decide from there. I like the models that allow for quick release with an upright lift – looks like that’s easier for hooksets.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

You’d really like the Fobes then! Look around to find them…..I know Dean has them.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I had used the Roberts/Atwoods for years and still do mostly on my jon boat but the bigger boat has Rams on it which I like alot better.
    Thanks, Bill

timmy

I have Tite-locs – love ’em. I mainly troll, and they are great for that. Have had 25lb salmon on a tight drag go nuts – and never phaze them……..

Tim

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Remeber guys, he asked for cheap, not catalac. I run RAMS on both of my boats. I consider them the best. But for the money, no one can beat the Action holders. Indestrucable and they do the job – cheap. A set will cost less than one RAM.

-J.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

whew… I was worried this topic would be like flashers or augers – too many choices and opinions. This is much more clear (like mud)!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.