Cabela’s 2-cycle engine oil

• scott942
    Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin

Anyone ever use Cabela’s two-cycle oil for their engine? I have always used Mercury but am condsider switching.

Thanks!

Scott

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

I used it in a older motor and it worked fine,I dont think I would use it in a e-tech or a optimax as they may need more lube.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Kinda what Gill said….But what type of motor is it how new and how much is it worth to you. Not saying Cabelas oil is bad, and I am sure it would run fine. But I am of the beleif for the little oil that a person goes through I buy what I beleive is the best oil.

In the realm of the big picture, spend a whole lot more on gas, bait and refreshments then two cycle oil.

My previous boat and motor had a 1992 VRO 60 HP Evinrude never saw any thing but Amsoil synthetic. Owned it for 15 years and never had a lick of trouble with plugs fowling or upper rings sticking ( a known problem on the older Evinrudes ). Even being a looper engine which are not known to troll a long time without fouling it would go for hours at idle.

Good oil is a cheap investment.

Just My Two Cents

scott942
    Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin

I have a ’93 50HP merc.

You bring up a good point, Tom. The difference in the cost of the two oils is only a buck or two. I don’t go through a lot of oil in a year, maybe one large container.

Thanks for your input!

Scott

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.