deep cycle battery

• schulzee
    Duncombe IA

What size battery should a person buy? Budget is $250.00 total for two.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

What size can you fit into the storage area? Are you going to use them for a trolling motor?

robby
    Quad Cities

Schulzee, You can get almost any batteries you want with a budget like that. If you have room get 31 series, they are big and heavy but last a long time. I have been buying my batteries at Batteries Plus. They have an awesome warranty. Just take them in each spring, have them tested and if they are getting weak in the first 3 or 4 years they prorate the price for replacement. I believ for the first 18 months there is free replacement if they are weak in the least. Nice thing is if you find them on sale you can get good batteries for around $40 each. If you happen to be out of town when a battery goes bad, you should be able to find a Batteries Plus within a short drive. They are a big chain. The manufacture date is clearly printed on the batteries as well, I always buy the newest ones that I can find on their rack. These are wet cell batteries if you care, I have never had a problem with them. There are only a few battery manufacturers in existance, so they are making multiple brands each.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I have been very happy with Wal-Mart’s yellow Marine batteries. They have several sizes to choose from, are long lasting, and reasonably priced. They run in the range of $64-75/each depending on size

fish2live
    hampton,mn

i second the walmart batteries.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

Wal-Mart’s yellow Marine batteries

I researched batteries and had found that the batteries from Walmart are actually recommended Highly from several differant places.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

My father uses the Walmart batteries and swears by them. I myself have been using 31EV Northern batteries with great success. Either one of these options will run about $70. That will leave you with $110 for gas, so you should be able to get 5 gallons or so.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I’ve used the biggest Walmart deep cells for several years now and I’ve been very pleased with them. Just make sure that you buy 2 at the same time and never just replace one battery no matter what brand you buy.

Eyehunter

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

I have been very happy with Wal-Mart’s yellow Marine batteries. They have several sizes to choose from, are long lasting, and reasonably priced. They run in the range of $64-75/each depending on size

I agree. I run there 29 series and have not had any issues. Knock on wood for this weekend.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. I run there 29 series and have not had any issues. Knock on wood for this weekend.

At least IF we have a problem with them there is always a Wal-Mart close by. That’s why I use them also.

timmay

I use the Wal-Mart battries also.

Work great.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ve used Batteries Plus for years. Great warranty. They’re everywhere. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! Buy the largest that’ll fit in your rig….

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

I just bought two Northern 31’s. I haven’t had them in use yet, but I heard many good things about them. I paid $79 each for them.

Curt

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Buy the two biggest you can fit. Group 31 like mentioned. Or group 29.

I’ve been happy with Trojan batteries.

About $90 each.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.