GPS Lake Chip for Lowrance

• bigjake

I have the Lowrance Sonar/GPS unit 337c I picked up last year, but I have not bought a chip for it yet. I will be fishing mainly Iowa and maybe some MN or SD plus maybe some Mississippi Pools. What chip should I get? DO they have upgrades when new maps come out or new lakes are added?

I see the Navionics is set-up for Lowrance units. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

get the north chip from navionics. last years will be 100. this years is 150. 3000 bodies of water, nd, sd, ia, mn, wi, il, mi, and parts of canada, you can’t go wrong.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Compare the Navionics and Lakemaster and chose the chip that best fits the lakes your going to fish. You want to compare the lakes that were actually surveyed and not just DNR maps. You will be able to zoom down better with Lakemaster and Lakemaster is extremely accurate.

bigjake

Thanks guys! Is that the Navionics Hot Maps chip?

Bob

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

get the north chip from navionics. last years will be 100. this years is 150. 3000 bodies of water, nd, sd, ia, mn, wi, il, mi, and parts of canada, you can’t go wrong.

Make sure you get the new 2007 Navionics Hotmaps Premium chip, and not the 2006. The new 2007 has a LOT more survey lakes for Iowa.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Here is the lake list for the Minnesota LakeMaster chip. The MN also includes quite a few SD IA WI lakes.

LakeMaster MN chip

bigjake

Thanks a lot guys. The Lakemaster looks good, but it does not have the Iowa maps I want and need. I’m going with the 2007 Navionics HotMaps. I’ve got some Cabela’s bucks to save me a few dollars. I appreciate the info as it was very helpful in making a decision.

Bob

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

If thats the case I encourage you to respond to this thread Iowa input and let lakemaster know what it is you’re looking for;as many prefer their mapsand they are currently expanding their lakelists.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.