lowrance lcx-27c

• pistolpete

A buddy of mine bought one from cabellas last weekend. He wanted one with GPS…the guy there gave him one and that was priced at $999.00. When we got to the counter it scanned in for $799 even though the sticker said $999.00. We thought that maybe he had the wrong one, so he went back to the electronics department and they assured him that it had GPS…

When he got home he noticed that there wasn’t a GPS puck with it…does this unit have a internal GPS?…I’m thinking because of the price, and no puck, that this might be just a sonar…He’s taking his boat in to get installed this weekend and wants to make sure that he has the right unit when he gets there…anyone familiar with this unit?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ditto to Jon. Your buddy needs to reurn it to Cabelas and buy it from Jolly Ann. Same price, but Wade has Free shipping and No Tax. This saves your buddy approxiamtely $70.00. If Wade has this in Stock, you can expect it to be there in a couple of days for order.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hey Pistol…..Was it the Rogers store???? We only had one combo pack with the GPS included in the same box….However we have about 15 LGC 3000 antenna’s available….So all you have to do is bring your X-27 back to customer service, and show them that it did not include a GPS and Cabelas will give you the correct antenna!!! If it is the Rogers store, I will be in the marine dept on Thursday night and can help you out!!!

Note to anyone buying any electronics from a retail store…have them open the box to ensure that everything is still in the box…Never trust a box or label!!!!

Or do like Rob said and buy them from Jolly Ann Marine!!!!
    Thanks!

aholzerland
    mn

Hey Calvin,
    I am the one who bought the Lcx-27c. I did buy it at the Rogers store. I was planning on returning it Thursday night and hopefully getting the right one. But, are you saying that the only thing I am missing is the antenna and the unit is a gps unit? My boat has a humming bird gps on it right now with the white puck antenna. I want to make sure i have everything i need be before taking my boat in.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

are you saying that the only thing I am missing is the antenna and the unit is a gps unit?

I can answer for Cal,

Yes. You only need the puck. So if they have some LGC 3000 pucks, that’s all you need.

-J.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The only thing you need is the GPS antenna…Stop in Thursday night and I will help you out!!!

The Humminbird antenna is useless unless you have a Humminbird unit!!!

aholzerland
    mn

Cool, thanks guys. I will look you up tomorrow Calvin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.