strike master auger

• cweber01

I know this probably isn’t the right time for this but…I bought a new laser mag about a month ago and it seems like I’m getting either some unburned fuel or oil coming out of the bottom of the muffler. Is this just excess oil they put in the motor at the factory?

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Could be oil/water in the exhaust condensing and leaking out of the muffler. I have it on my Strikemaster too. I think it’s common for a 2 stroke. Not positive but at least you aren’t alone right?

Chris

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Normal when using Striker Master oil, after your first tank of that switch to Amsoil 100:1 and that will help.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

The new motors have new EPA standards they must meet. There is a big difference in the motors before 2004. If you have an older Strikemaster, hang on to it. BC is right though 100:1 mixture will cure that. I don’t know why they’re still advising people 24:1. I assume that will change next year considering all the calls they’ve had from people with the same issue. Mine was a grease monster too until I switched the mixing ratio.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I dont think there is such a thing as a 2-stroke motor that doesnt spew liquid from exhaust. At least I have never seen one and I have owned at least a dozen or more. All shapes and sizes. Just mix to mfg ratio and go.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I dont think there is such a thing as a 2-stroke motor that doesnt spew liquid from exhaust. At least I have never seen one and I have owned at least a dozen or more. All shapes and sizes. Just mix to mfg ratio and go.

I agree with you but these augers are dripping oil. Many have called in questioning it and are told to mix 100:1 directly from strikemaster. Thats why I’m not sure why they’re telling people 24:1 on the motor.

cweber01

100:1 seems awfully lean, so I called strike master this morning. I was told that since tucumsa(sp) has a 1 yr waranty and says to us 24:1 I should continue doing that for a year. Then they recomended switching to 50:1 and that should take care of it.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Then they recomended switching to 50:1 and that should take care of it.

Thats news to me

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Cweb,
    I wouldn’t worry about the spew. I have had a strike master for the past 10 years and yes it does spew oil. If you are use to any two stroke engines you will notice that they do like to spit oil out. I would just make sure you clean the carb once a year. That engine should last you a long time.

Matt

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have a 1990, and it has never spewed oil.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Are you mixing it with the gas???

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I have a 1990, and it has never spewed oil.

You have no black stain on your exhaust?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.