IFINDER and Daylight Saving Time Change

• walleyechaser1

Has anybody fired up their Ifinder this morning? I did and could not acquire a satelite signal. I’m thinking this is a result of the new DST time. Can someone check their unit and post back to confirm?

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

No problems with mine. You may want to try a cold start.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Mine acquired position and time was updated. (H2Oc)

Dan

walleyechaser1

I just checked again and now it seems fine. It did show the incorrect time, but I manually changed it and disabled the DST.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I know all my Lowrance GPS are really slow to aquire the sats, especially if the last place you used it is far away.

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

My Directv (TiVo) still shows the old time? I hope it fixes itself soon or my recordings will get messed up.

Suckerminnow
    Stillwater, MN

DirecTV sent a message out yesterday to update the firmware. Go into messages & setup, settings, phone, connect to the DVR service now and follow the instructions. Both of my DVRs updated successfully and are tracking the correct time.

walleyechaser1

Yeah, I have an old LMS 350A which I have not used lately, but it would lose the correct time and I noticed satelite acquisition was slower as well. I know GARMIN had fixes posted on their site prior to 3-11 for various units, but I did not see anything on the Lowrance site. Right now I would say it is just a curiousity as long as it works.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

DirecTV sent a message out yesterday to update the firmware. Go into messages & setup, settings, phone, connect to the DVR service now and follow the instructions. Both of my DVRs updated successfully and are tracking the correct time.

I don’t think it will efffect any recordings but tell me I don’t have to plug in a land line which I don’t have anyway to correct my Direct TV Tivo’s time.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I just changed my time zone to Eastern and now its the right time.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My H2Oc locked on. You can manually configure DST, so you can program the new DST dates in there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.