Putting coords. from Garmin to H20c?

• layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Hey guys I am kind of new to this GPS thing and I had garmin GPS but recently picked up a new H20c from Lowrance. I am wondering how I can put my coordinates from my Garmin into my Lowrance? I only have a handful of coordinates to put into the new one so is there anyway to just type them into the H20c manually? I am having a heck of a time with this one…..

Any help would be great.

Layne Monroe

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

First, make sure you are in “Advanced Mode.”

Then, hit “Enter” which will bring you to the waypoint page.

Move down to “Entered Position” and hit “Enter” twice.

Enter your coordinates.

Hit “Exit” and the “Waypoint Info” page pops up. Then you can do whatever you want with it.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Thanks for the help guys…. I tried doing it the first way and it was working great… just takes a little while to type in all the coordinates. Thanks also Wade for the website address. I downloaded it but could not figure out exactly how to use the site. Maybe I just got a little too frustrated a little too quickly and went for the way I could understand instead of the easiest way to put them into my new unit.

Layne Monroe

doc samson
    MN

This software is free and will convert most waypoint formats. http://www.gpsbabel.org/ This is the way to go if you have a lot of waypoints to enter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.