anyone use Cabelas innerflow rods

• wheel10
    madison, wi

Going to buy some trolling combos from cabelas and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the innerflow rods. I like the idea of the rods and think they could save me some tangles in my rod lockers. Any pros or cons would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I bought one when they first came out about four years back. I have only used it a coule of times though – I don’t think the line casts as well as other rods. I also don’t care for the one piece design.

The idea is great but just not for my needs – thats only my opinion though.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

You can really cast with those rods but the there is no backbone to them. Also the first time I set the hook it broke in half right where the line goes in. That was it I took it back and didnt get another one.

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I have 6 of these rods and just love them, especially on a bait caster. Never had trouble with backbone on hooksets and like to use Fireline in them. I have landed 2 of my biggest fish on the Intercast rods, a 20 lb 43″ Northern and a 16lb 36″ Lake Trout. Just wish they made them in an Ultra-Lite setup, think that would be a real kick in the shorts landing fish with that setup.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

im not saying dont buy them or you wont like them. im just giving you my experience with mine. i could have had a defect or poor workmanship who knows. im wasnt trying to bash them or anybody who has them. sorry,dan

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Ma,

I’ve used them for trolling and really like them because they are easy to store and avoid tangles because there is less exposed line on them. I have had no problems with hookset or back bone as I’ve used them with no stretch lines like PowerPro and Fire Line where a hook set is not necessarily needed.

That’s my $.02.

Curt

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve got 2 of them for trolling. They are 2 piece rods, so they store nicely. I think they work really well as far as trolling goes. Don’t know about the lighter rods as far as casting, etc.

The only bad thing about the rods as far as I have seen: I use Fireline with them and when I break the rod down for storing, I have to be careful not to have the line too “tight” as the edge frayed the line pretty bad. Luckily, I noticed it before losing a crank.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.