Ranger Cover with the “bra” for the hull

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

We were up on Cass last year and I saw some guys from Illinois pull in with what looked like a Ranger brand cover. It had an additional section sewn in that covered the front third of the hull in addition to the rest of the boat. Any idea where I guy can order one of these???

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Sounds custom, it also sounds like a great idea, I’ll post this in a Ranger forum.

PFD

Dan, I had a custom bra made for my Reata. It covers the bottom back to the windshield. Attaches with straps around the rails and overlapping velcro in the front. I would think any custom canvas place could make one. Good luck!

hisser
    Chatfield, Mn

I had one made in Rochester at Custom Canvas for my Cobra, I use it when I have to travel on gravel roads. They made it so it goes on and off in seconds, Pretty cool deal and sure saves the boat and trailer from getting dings. I think it cost around $120.00.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Another Reata owner

Did you add this on to the factory cover? or is this a seperate piece? This is such a good idea for trailering in the wintertime.

GOT any pics pd?

PFD

NICK, got mine custom made at Custom Canvas in Rochester too. This was an add-on and is seperate from my other cover. This is nice because many times I will travel with just the bra on and not the cover and still be protected. Very simple to put on. They applied a snap to the windshield frame and 2 straps that go around my bow rails. It opens and closes with velcro around the winch. I think it cost me around $150, but money well spent when you live on gravel. I’ll try to get pics for you later this week.

vjze4

Interested in getting something similar for my boat. Any chance you could post photos?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors vjze4!!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Interested in getting something similar for my boat. Any chance you could post photos?

I lost the pics he sent , I’m pretty sure any fabric shop would know exactly what to do.

shayla

I’ve heard of stuffing bras, but you guys are taking it to a whole new level! I like it!

danno
    Central MN

Quote:

Sounds custom, it also sounds like a great idea, I’ll post this in a Ranger forum.

Is there a good Ranger forum out there? If so, I’d like to know!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Is there a good Ranger forum out there? If so, I’d like to know!

pm sent

walleyewizard

Vjze4- I deleted the pictures of the bra, but can take new ones if you would like. Give me your e-mail and I will send them.

Michael Doll

Would love to see pictures also. Can you still share them?

walleyewizard

Michael, here’s some pics I took this morning. Hope they help.

Attachments:
    1. 8DDFCEDA-833C-4745-8071-50AF67A5BADC.jpeg

2. 93BEE08E-3265-4AA7-8303-1A87F050F7D9.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.