3D Platinum Chips With Satelite Photo Overlay

• MrBluegill

You have not seen anything like this for inland waters….The new platinum chips will be ready to go for the new 900 series from Humminbird later in February or March. The new charts are unbelievable to say the least. 3D views in any direction with aerial photographs similar to that of terraserver or google earth overlaid onto the screen, Along with that, actual panoramic photographs of certain areas of the body of water you are fishing on. How much detail do you want? I was playing around with the new Winnebago map and I cannot believe the data the new map has on it. the 1 ft. increments have completely changed what I thought I new of the lake and starts putting answers to why fish have been in the areas out in the mud that they have been. You will have to see for yourself what I am talking about. Along with the new chips and software, they are coming out with waterproof tear proof maps with the same data of all their high def. maps. I have one from Mille Lacs and Pentenwell and they are awesome to say the least….it makes the hotmaps look like old dnr maps. Check out the info on their site below. WOW!
    http://www.navionics.com/PlatinumCharts.asp

Troy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I would say the overview Ariel shots would be useless, just something more to slow your GPS down. What would that be helpful for? Say fishing Mille lacs?
    And the 3D detail, does this mean Navionics has resurveyed these lakes and loaded the actual 3D detail into the software?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.