Rod holders

• sednerb
    Mount Vernon, IA

Have any of you guys seen the stand up rod holders that fit in the base of a boat seat. I saw them somewhere once, but I don’t know who made them or where to purchase them at. They looked pretty slick, just pop it in and out of your seat base, and it also had a carrying handle for taking them inside for the night. Thanks in advance.
    SEDNERB

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

My neighbor makes a couple but he is to busy.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

There was a post on this a while back, I tried a search, but came up empty (possibly lost in one of the upgrades?).

Try to google for “Rod manager” – I think that was the name of the one that was discussed here.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN
    sednerb
    Mount Vernon, IA

Thats a little different than what I remember seeing. This one had a second section up above to hold the upper section of the rod. That one looks like it would work petty well though. Thanks
    SEDNERB

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

How about this? I know it doesn’t fit in the base of a seat, but worth a shot.

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

I’ve got the rod holder from cabela pictured here — The Standard one– I have 4 rods in my boat that are over 12′ in length that I use for trolling cranks. I plug this holder up in the bow pedistal spot, put the long rods in and don’t have to worry. Somethime when I’m running a long distance I put them in the stern pedistal position.

Works great for me.

fireline
    Rochester

I ordered one from Cabela’s catolog , if this helps .

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

I think the product you are looking for was featured in the New Products feature in the latest Walleye-Insider. Looked like a pretty cool accessory.
    Hopethis helps,
    Lakeskipper

sednerb
    Mount Vernon, IA

Lakeskipper,
    That’s the one. Thanks for reminding me. Now all I have to do is remember where my issue is at.
    SEDNERB

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

SEDNERB-

Could you post the name of the product, once you find out?? I’m curious to see what it is.

thanks

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Is this the issue that has the product review?

sednerb
    Mount Vernon, IA

Thats the one Steve. The name of the holder is the “Rod Wrangler”, and you can find it at http://www.messengerboat.com. The cost is 90 dollars, but it looks like its well built and a little more user friendly than the ones from Cabelas. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to purchase it without my wife finding out. I guess it doesn’t really matter, she always seems to find out in the end anyway. This is how she looks when she finds out what I’ve spent “our” money on.
    SEDNERB

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

LOL! A friend and I had the same problem a few years ago. We finally worked out a system for attending gun shows:

Attend show, make purchase, take home. When the wife asks, tell her you’re just hiding it so that the other guys wife doesn’t find out he bought it. After about six months, it just blends in with the rest and nary a word is said.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.