Johnny Ray Swivel Mounts

• bradcegla

I was wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about these Johnny Ray mounts. In the past I have only used Ram mounts but in an effort to save a few bucks I was thinking of trying these instead.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I have 1 on the bow and 1 on the console. Both have held up for 4 seasons without a problem. I am considering changing the console to a Ram to allow me to see the unit better since the positioning of a Ram is almost endless.

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have one on the console. Use it on my Humminbird 937c. Swivels and just push the button and off it comes to put away for the winter.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I was wondernig what the button was for I got one on the bow. I haven’t put it to use yet, as I just got it, But I like it so far over the standard gimball bracket that comes with my marcum.

walleye4
    On the Water

I use 3 of them on my Yar-craft. 2 on the bow and 1 at my console. I really like them and are pretty easy to use. That button your asking about is the catch/release button. Push it in to put your graph on, release it and your graph won’t come off. Same thing to take the graph off the boat. Push in the button, pull the graph off and your done.

I do think I might switch my dash over to a ram mount so I can move it around more for different fishing situations.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have used them on all six boats that I’ve owned. Work great.
    Thanks, Bill

shayla

I have one and it holds my X135 a lot more steady than the gimble mount I have on my 3500C. I would buy another one before a gimble mount.

Crankbait

I have one on the dash as well and have had no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you leave enough slack in the cables to be able to turn it a few clicks.
    Chris

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I have 2 in my boat and they work great. Biggest issue is going to be where you are going to mount the unit. I have Ram mount for both my graphs that are on the back of the boat. The ram mounts allow you to see the units better at different angles. For the bow and console the Johnny Rays work great

bradcegla

thanks for all your input. i think i am going to get one. my next question is has anyone used the ram gps adapter plate that allows you to mount the gps antenna behind the receiver and does the receiver get in the way of getting good reception with your satellites. i want to mount the plate on the johnny ray does anyone know if the holes line up. lots of questions and no where close to go and see for myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.