kicker motor for 2003 Lund 1800

• pistolpete

hi…I have a single console ’03 Lund explorer 1800 w/ a merc 115 4-stroke…I’ve tried the trolling plate and it kind of worked but nothing like a kicker…I would prefer to use the kicker at the console because of electrocics and stuff…anyways I was thinking about the merc pro-kicker but it’s somwehere around $2,600…the majority of my fishing is by trolling…any thoughts, advise, good place to get a deal, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

Cabela’s had a deal going on that motor.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

PistolPete Cabelas did have an awesome deal on those I heard. The Pro Kicker should bean awesome addition to your rig. I know I have loved both of mine and they get a workout all year long.

Make sure you shop around. To many people look at one dealer and generalize that thhis price is the only price. Right Kooty.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Buy a Yamaha, you’ll never be happier!!

Sorry, this is an old battle between Rob and I.

Actually there are now two kickers on the market that should be consider for every boat. The Yammy T8 and the Merc Pro. Since you’ve got Merc big motor, for astetic purposes it probably makes sense to get another Merc. I’ve run both. No complaints about either motor.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m a Mercury Guy through and through, but I have ran T8’s and no doubt there are an awesome motor. Each one (Mercury Pro and Yammy T8) has a few extra little things about them that the other doesn’t. It just matters on personal preference, but you can not go wrong with either one.

So Kooty, when you coming over to the Dark Side???

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I have a 2003 Lund 1800 Fisherman with a 135 Optimax and I added a 2005 9.9 Pro Kicker and I love it!!

pistolpete

thanks for the reponse guys…cabellas has them for around $2,700.00…I don’t even really know where to look for them?…thanks again!!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Not sure where you are from PP, but look around and call any marine dealer. The Cheapest one I found when I bought my 05 Pro Kicker was Lacannes,not only that they had great service. I got quoted anything from $2375 to $3,400 installed. Big Difference

pistolpete

wow…i went to the boat show and had 4 dealers quote me 4,000 installed…that includes the 2nd throttle at the console and the pro-kicker with the elctric trim & start…Rob, I’m gonna call that other place today as well…any other ideas out there?..thanks for all the help!!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Pistol Pete, I must also say that I had gotten a tiller Model, not the full controls. My moral of the story was, to make sure you shop around as there is a big difference in pricing.

Also there is way cheaper and in my mind better alternative to accomplish what you want. (Controlling the motor at the helm). Rather than paying for the premium of Full Controls, many of us Staffers and Members here have a tiller model kicker motor with a connector rod to steer and Trollmaster for speed control. This makes you way more versatile and a cheaper option rather than buying the farm on the full controls. Just a thought. If you have a question feel free to ask or PM me and I can expalin it better.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.