Whats the best GPS Fishing chip?

• davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

I have a Lowrance H20-C and am looking for the Best chip to use for fishing in Mn. Lakemaster? Navonics? Lowrance Hot Spots?

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Ditto to Derek’s answer.

camren
    Minnesoat, Hopkins

I posted a simmular ? and it was lakemaster hands down

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Lakemaster

A buddy of mine has the Navionics chip and I have the Lakemaster so I’ve used both and the plug and play ability of Lakemaster is great. The coverage of Minnesota is pretty good as well with Lakemaster although I’m not sure about Navionics but I’d assume theirs is ok too. This topic has been beat to death so if you do a search you’d probably have some good reading to do.

Derek are you trying to avoid the crowds? I’m surprised you aren’t out on the hard stuff.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

There is NO right answer……it depends on what Lakes you will be fishing most often for some the Lakemaster would be the way to go others Navionics Premium north may suit you better.

Definitely not the Hotspots.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

There isn’t necessarily a best chip. There is only a best chip for you as an individual. It’ll depend on the lakes you fish, and if you only fish MN. I always suggest that people compare both lake list and then make their decision for themselves, considering coverage and price.

Lowrance Lakemaster Lake Laist $99

Navionics Premium North Lake List $149.99

Forget Hotspots. It doesn’t hold a candle to Navionics or Lakemaster. Check the lists above and choose accordingly. Both are excellent!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

PierBridge, posted at the same time. Great minds, I’m sure…

big water
    Andover ,MN

lakemaster

davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

Lakemaster It Is!!!!!!!!!!!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Congrats Wallenator!

Wade is there still a $50 rebate on the Navionics?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade is there still a $50 rebate on the Navionics?

No, but there is a $50 trade in with any old chip.

For those who are only fishing the state of MN, Lakemaster will be a great choice. The new chip has a ton of MN lakes. Wallenator, you’ll love it!

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

lake master hands down

LundExplorer

I chose the lakemaster chip. I hemmed and hawed a lot over this question and spent about 90 min bugging the guy in the Cabelas marine dept in Rogers about it too. I was looking at Lakemaster Promap vs Navionics’ Prem. North 2007 chip. I fish 95% of the time on Vermilion so that was a major factor in my decision. This is a summary of what I found:

Cost: Navionics $149, Lakemaster 07-$99, 06 – $69

Map detail (of Vermilion): Navionics 1ft contours, Lakemaster 3ft contours

Road detail: Navionics No, Lakemaster Yes

Lakes covered: Navionics – Major lakes in several upper midwest states, Lakemaster: Major lakes in Minnesota

Ease of use: Navionics: Medium, Lakemaster- high

The main reason for my interest inNavionics was the map detail of Vermilion. The biggest 2 factors for my decision to get the lakemaster was the roads and the ease of use factor. The Navionics chip was considerably slower in refresh speed on my H2O and it was more difficult to zoom to a specific lake without actually being on it.

My 2 cents…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.