What rods?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

I have decided my bass boat gets a little full with all my rods (only a 17 footer) especially when I have a partner so I want to narrow my rods down to 4. I want to have a specific rod for the following:

1. Spinner bait rod
    2. Topwater rod
    3. Jig/worm rod
    4. Crankbait rod

I am not looking for specific rod brands simply what lengths, actions, and other features you have found to work best for these presentations.

Thanks in advance for your input!

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I’d say if you are looking for more room in your boat then you should go with a couple Snoopy poles. I mean they are only about 2′ long. Better yet go with a couple Pocket Fisherman poles. Why you could have a dozen Pocket Fisherman poles in your boat in half the space 4 regular poles would take up. Besides bass are so easy to catch that you could probably get by with line and a hook.

Eyehunter

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Buzz,

You are going to get a ton of different answers on this question. I personaly have multiple rods for each of these applications. (Especially cranks and Plastics.)

My suggestion would be to attend one of the major sport shows this winter. Don’t listen to the hipe or marketing.
    Just play with rods until you feel somthing thats comfortable. All of the major manufactures make rods for specific applications. Your gut will tell you what you need to know.

If you are loking to ball park lengths and such here’s the Falcon website. (My rod of preference.) This should help you get started with length, action ect….

http://www.falconrods.com

Good luck.

jeff6771

keep witch ones you youse the most

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.