Small HP Evinrude E-Tecs ??

• HenryPF

Looking for a smaller hp motor, 25 or so.

I know a few people here are Evinrude fans, but is there any plans for Evinrude to come out with small hp E-tecs or are the new motor announcments not until next year (i.e. verado at the florida boat show)?

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I think that I heard that they are at least a year away.
    Someone that knows more will answer for sure though.

Ron

etecangler1

Yes there are plans to build smaller E-TECs, when they will announce it isn’t clear. I figured them to be available for the 2008 model year, but BRP is still having problems keeping up with demand of their current models.

If you’re waiting on a 25hp Verado, I don’t think that will happen. Mercury has Tohatsu building all of their 60hp and smaller 4-strokes with no plans of a Verado smaller than 75hp.

Tonto1
    W & E Wi

I have not heard anything about the smaller e-tecs.

The goverment is allowing some of the manufactures to still produces some 2-strokes like the Merc 50 & 90. Mercury purchased Tohatsu. I did not hear any changes in the small 4-strokes. The walleye motor goes down to the 75hp.

HenryPF

I didn’t mean I was looking for a small hp verado, though a 25hp supercharged 4 stroke would be quite interesting.

I just meant that usually Merc, Evinrude come out with stuff at the major florida boat shows which usually is in the beginning of the year.

I would hate to plunk down $3000 on a 4 stroke when I really wanted an etec.

etecangler1

Quote:

I would hate to plunk down $3000 on a 4 stroke when I really wanted an etec.

In that case wait until the Florida show and you “should” get an answer. If BRP does build a 25hp and 9.9hp E-TEC, I’ll bet there will be a long list of people wanting them.

HenryPF

Unforunately I think I got my answer from the evinrude site where the 2007 etec brochure is available for download.

No mention of smaller HP motors

Maybe buy a 40hp etec and change the stickers?

Anyhoo, thanks to everyone for the replies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.