334 Emulator

• MikeRyan

Hello Everyone,
    Few days back I downloaded the Emulator software and looks very cool to learn with and manage your data, but I just can not figure out how to get the info from my SD card into the 334 emulator. Any idea?

Cheers,
    Mike

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I don’t think the emulator is intended to have your data loaded on it, but I could be wrong. I’m sure someone else will chime in.

Suly

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Jason your right!!! The emulator is used to gain basic knowledge of how the unit operates….It does give you a gps simulator as well!!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I believe that you can use your LEI card reader (if you have one) to view the data from your SD card on the emulator. Emulators basically operate the same as your unit. It must be an LEI card reader for this function to work. Plug the SD card into the LEI card reader and operate the 334C emulator just as you would your actual 334C. Let us know how it worked out for you.

ps… If you don’t have an LEI card reader you can order one from LEI. We have them, but only in the complete mapcreate topo package.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I think Wade is right. I have seen Doc Sampson’s videos and I believe he uses the emulator with data from the LEI card reader. Maybe Doc will see this post and let us know for sure!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I should add this too. I don’t know that there is much benefit from viewing the waypoints on the emulator. There could be, but it’s not really for “managing data”. In order to manage your data you should have mapcreate. Read through the following infomation offered by Doc Samson and you’ll be a much wiser Lowrance user.

Doc Samson on Lowrance…

MikeRyan

Thanks for all your replies,

The emulator was not my brain storm, I do have and use mapcreate to manage data. Several weeks ago while talking to Lowrance, one of the techs said it is better to use their emulator, he does everything on it, so I did. Just not shure if I will like it. Will try to play with it tonight and will post results.

Cheers,
    Mike

ggoody
    Mpls MN

We’ll be intersted to know your results, I can view my Lakemaster Chip on my emulator but thats it I can’t add or save anything.

thanks Pier..

doc samson
    MN

You can load your waypoint files to the emulator. The card reader acts like a card slot on your unit. Just load your data, remove your card and put in a LakeMaster card and you can se your waypoints on the map. Remember to turn off the emulator and restart after each time you change a card. It will not recognize the new data until you restart it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.