lowrance i-finder?

• gregory
    Red wing,mn

i’m trying to find out what the largest sd card i can run in my i-finder expedition it doesn’t say anywhere in the manual. thanks

annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

Don’t know why you couldn’t use the largest one you can afford. I think I have a 512 in mine

gregory
    Red wing,mn

thats what i was thinking to just wanted to find out before i go buy one thanks

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I’m using a 1GB in mine, this is one time I really think size doesn’t make a difference as far as the unit reading the data, it’s just storage space, buy the biggest size you can afford.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

yep i am gonna buy a 1 gig thanks for the info..

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

What takes up that much memery that you would need a 1 gig chip?

Aren’t you just transferring routes and waypoints?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

well i hate to say it but i’m gonna use it like and ipod and play it through my radio well i’m fishing, i have the expidition and it can play mp3

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Not sure about the Expedition, but the I-Finder H2O/c….will take UP TO a 1 Gigabyte SD card. Don’t believe they will “recognize” the card after that size. Probably the same with the expedition, but that does have more features than the h2o…like the mp3 capability, so maybe it can take a bigger chip. Bigger the better for when/if you buy MapCreate, you will use less chips to fit all the info on sd cards. Maybe Wade will chime it here with some “indepth” info.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

do you use that map create? i been wondering if i should by that a or 3 state chip? the map create looks pretty sweet but i have never used it either? looks like the better deal

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Steve, I’m with you. Latest I had heard was 1GB. It was 512 MB just a couple of years ago. I personally wouldn’t go over 1 gig at this time. I have heard Sandisk brand works pretty well in Lowrance units.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

do you use that map create? i been wondering if i should by that a or 3 state chip? the map create looks pretty sweet but i have never used it either? looks like the better deal

I have not personally used MapCreate, but I do know it is an amazing amount of info for $100 bucks, the same price of the freedom map chips…which are already preloaded on an sd card, whereas you need to download the mapcreate to your computer…then upload that info onto the blank sd cards.

Freedom maps are easy to use, but you don’t get the whole USA….but will you use the other states’ info if you get MapCreate? That’s up to you. Anyone out there know how the actual mapping compares……….Freedom maps vs. MapCreate?

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I’m running the Mapcreate 6.3 topo maps and you talk about detail! You can soon use up a 1 gig chip if you load a lot of area. 6.3 is a far cry from the original Mapcreate!

Barba

I have LMS 339C DF/iGPS.
    On the box said MMC/SD up to 1 GB on a single card.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.