Butt Seat for Alumacraft

• dave_n
    Champlin, MN

My Alumacraft has different seat bases than the Lund I had, and I need a Butt Seat pedastal since my old one doesn’t fit. Are these available everywhere (Fleet Farm, Cabellas)?

Dave

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Unfortunately I have only found these at the dealer or Cabelas. I have been thinking about getting one for mine but am having a hard time paying $100-$120 for one. I have not yet considered replacing the base to accommodate a lesser priced pole.

Let me know what you come up with.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Call Denny at Trails End and he will take care of ya. I got one from him on my last Alumacraft, and the butt seat I got from Cabelas.

HenryPF

I had the same problem, figuring on the fact that alumacraft didn’t change front pedestals mounts you have a:

9″ round base springfield plug-in pedestal (but no 3/4″ pin hole in the middle (solid))

I wound up replacing with a:

9″ round Springfield Taper-Lock base $17

Added a:

Springfield Taper-Lock™ Adapter $17

And I now have a 3/4″ pin base that is rock solid, and the holes line up perfectly (no re-drilling or worrying about what carpet is underneath the original base).

I installed this versus just a Springfield Pro Seat as I like to use a Swivl-Eze® Offset Pin Post as I sit alot when using the trolling motor. I have noticed Alumacraft’s are not designed it seems for the foot type control trolling motors (power drive is fine) as there seems to be little room for the foot control and cable when sitting down in a seat.

The Springfield Pro Seat is the one that accepts any 3/4″ pin butt seat (the most common). There is also this one: Control Post Seat which is a little more pricey but has the same pedestal.

Hope this gives you a few options.

NOTE – all images stolen from cabelas and bps. I don’t think they mind considering how much I spend in a year with them!

dave_n
    Champlin, MN

Wow – excellent stuff. Thanks!

shayla

Awesome reply! How do you do that, anyhow?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.